ASLSK (or simple ASL) opponent wanted (hybrid PBeM / VASL)

pjh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

My preference would be to play ASLSK scenarios, especially ASLSK#3 and Decision at Elst. I've now got the rules for Infantry, Ordnance, and Vehicles under my belt, so anything from ASLSK#1-#3 would be great. I also have read the rules for Decision at Elst, although I haven't played a scenario from that. I'd like to play more Vehicles or try Decision at Elst with the OBA stuff. My second preference would be more simplified ASL scenarios. I own the Korean War module, although I've yet to slog through the rules on it, but if someone is willing to do a bit of coaching, I'd be up for that. Caveat ludens: there'd be a lot more coaching on the ASL than ASLSK.

With my schedule, and having played now a handful games, I've found a system that seems to work. It is mostly PBeM (Play by Email), except I'd be available for an hour two or three times a week to do a live VASL option during complicated Movement Phases (where PBeM really breaks down). So the idea is I can do a PBeM 3-5 times a week, and, when necessary, would be available for an hour 2-3 times a week to do complicated Movement Phases when necessary. (In the past, I've found that we only need to do live sessions once a week or so in practice. Most of it can be done via PBeM.)

I'm on CST (Chicago) time and have a fairly flexible schedule for timing the live session.

ClaudioC

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hello pjh
I am a newbie to VASL, but I had been playing it on table top for some years around 1995. I want to try to learn the game again and am looking for an oppenent/mentor that could guide me through the 1st steps.

I am playing 2/3 other games (not ASL) via PBEM and based on the rythm I have with them I know I can go for 3 to 5 logs per week. For FTF I would be able to do the on my evenings., unless the sessions are of max 30 minutes in which case in the morning or midday would be feasible.

If interested, send me a PM.
Kr
Claudio