ASLSK Ladder

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As the ASL Starter Kit tourney comes to a close, I'm trying to capture a few lessons learned as well as continue to provide an option for newer players to get their feet wet in competitive play. I'd like to hear some thoughts on a ladder-type structure, where people could come and go on their own schedule (somewhat) and play as often as they want. I've never run a ladder before, so there would be some learning on my end as well. Any thoughts/input would be appreciated.

And for those who might be interested in joining a ladder, please send me a private message with your real name, an email (not GameSquad ID) address and your Skype ID (a few lessons learned there!). If I do this, the default battlefield will be VASL w/ Skype, although any mutually agreed on alternative is fine by me. About 60 people have looked at this thread in the last 24 hours, but since none have commented on how to help, maybe you all just want to get started already?

Last edited:

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello. I was planning on starting an ASLSK Ladder in the New Year, since I already run a recurring series on the Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit Facebook Group, and that gives people a game to shoot for each 6 weeks. I was going to base my ladder points off of the same way the Texas ASL group does it.

I can run the entire thing if you want, or you can run it by yourself and I will forward group members to here. Just let me know your preference since you posted up first about it. :)

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It sounds like you already have a plan, whereas I only had an idea, so I will defer to you. If you need someone to help, I can learn from you and be your stand-in if you want an assistant. I'm not on Facebook though, so i can't help you out on their site.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It sounds like you already have a plan, whereas I only had an idea, so I will defer to you. If you need someone to help, I can learn from you and be your stand-in if you want an assistant. I'm not on Facebook though, so i can't help you out on their site.
Thanks, sounds good. Once I get my ducks in a row I will send you an excel spreadsheet and you can enter in information from players that post up here that they are interested. I may eventually slap together a website that can be used for entering game plays and displaying the ladder. Initially that too will will just be an excel spreadsheet. Can you PM me your email address and name?