ASLSK FtF in St. Paul, MN May 15-19?

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will be in town for consulting work. Former average-level full ASL player. Stepping back in with SKs. Can play all rules except hedgerows.

Curtis Brooks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Twin Cities ASL group meets monthly (we meet this Saturday). Contact Cult.44 (Game Squad Handle) aka Mark Harms (he's the pres?). He might be able to hook you up. Of, if you want to play a real LOSER, he might be able to give you a match. :)

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Curtis. I really wish I had thought to look for a game day several months ago when I made travel plans for this engagement. But it does look like the client is leaning towards an ongoing relationship so hopefully I will get more opportunities to return and I will definitely try to arrange a stay-over for your monthly meeting. Is it the third Saturday of each month or some other recurrence?

I know my ASL-foo is VERY weak now. In some ways it is quite frustrating doing things that I knew I would not have done back in the day, or failing to remember something that I used to have down cold, etc.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Curtis. I really wish I had thought to look for a game day several months ago when I made travel plans for this engagement. But it does look like the client is leaning towards an ongoing relationship so hopefully I will get more opportunities to return and I will definitely try to arrange a stay-over for your monthly meeting. Is it the third Saturday of each month or some other recurrence?

I know my ASL-foo is VERY weak now. In some ways it is quite frustrating doing things that I knew I would not have done back in the day, or failing to remember something that I used to have down cold, etc.
The 1st Mn Gaming Club also meets regularly, you may want to contact "Houlie" here thru GSF PM as he'll have better info on their meetings, we only travel to Mnpls/St-Paul once a month for the TC-ASL group whenever they are able to get a venue (usually the 2nd Saturday of each month, but may vary because of availability). If you really need a win pick on me and give me 8 morale guys, can't seem to make a MC with one if I bought them out!

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the tip, and the connection to Houlie. That name sounds familiar. I already have plans to attend the 1st MN Gaming group's meetup this Friday up in Roseville. I reached out the the TCASL group too, although I can't make their game day this Saturday.

At this point my ASLSK games will be about learning and improving, not getting a W. How about I offer you some US 1st line troops with a BROKEN morale of 8? ;-P

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Guru -- looks like you found a dance partner for Friday night.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would that be you? Whomever it is I hope they have the SKs. :) Actually, now that I think about it I have the Expansion Pack rule book with me, so any ASL supplies will be usable. Hmm, still need the boards though.

I would love to play a combined arms scenario to get in some work with tanks and perhaps guns.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to Jeff for playing a very interesting ASLSK 3 scenario (S25 - Early Battles) with me last Friday night! I LOVE playing "tin can" engagements. :) With Jeff playing the underdog Germans with the balance they still couldn't prevail.

Jeff (never got last name or contact info), I would love to play that scenario again but take the Germans this time to try to let you get some payback. If anyone knows how to get in touch with him please have him drop me a line. Thanks in advance.