[ASLSK] Can broken units drop SWs?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I've got a broken squad with a FT. The FT didn't exceed the unit's IPC so he wasn't forced to drop it when he routed.

Unbroken units can drop SW during MPh or APh. SW could be transferred between Good Order units in APh. There doesn't appear to be a time that a broken unit can drop its SW.

Is that consistent with the full rule set? I understand they are broken and therefore not prone to following orders but is there no way for an unbroken squad to retrieve a SW from their broken comrades?

jshultis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I may be wrong but I think a Leader can take possession of a SW from a broken unit?

I just received my ASLRB (ebay) in the mail and starting to go through the expanded ruleset, so not 100% certain. One of the "vets" may be able to confirm the above or elaborate on the rule.

Jesse

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have very little control over a broken unit - and rightly so, IMO.

A broken unit cannot drop a SW - unless it exceeds his IPC in which case he MUST drop it. This is consistant with the full ASL rule book.

I doubt that its in the starter kit rules, but a leader may take a SW from a broken unit AT THE MOMENT IT BREAKS - or he may do so in the rally phase but only if HE DOESN'T ALSO ATTEMPT TO RALLY ANYONE.

So its pretty limited in practice.

jshultis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its interesting that players working their way through the Start Kit seem to have the same questions.

FYI... my "No" in my previous post meant; "No, the broken unit cannot drop or transfer the SW".

Enjoy,
Jesse