ASLSK Action Pack 1

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In a nutshell, gliders land with Skorzeny's dudes, and Mussolini is "possessed " like a SW by the Italians at start. The Germans win by possessing him at game end.
Due my Italian heritage well, Chas. We get a bum rap in history and this game. :)

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Maybe not the best comment ever, but pretty funny. As for the SKAP, my reading of the MMP newsletter makes me think that the counter mix will include partially-armed German squads, HS, and crews. Which would mark their first official publication, I think.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Is there a cross reference of the SK scenarios that are re-craftings of ASL versions?

Are SK scenarios "playable" using the full rules, or would it screw up balance?

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The balance progressively becomes more and more screwed up with each roll of the dice... avoid needless rolls, if possible, and you should be ok balance wise. ;)

Last edited:

Okmed

ASL/SK Scout
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In a nutshell, gliders land with Skorzeny's dudes, and Mussolini is "possessed " like a SW by the Italians at start. The Germans win by possessing him at game end.
Cool. If Mussolini's hex gets shot up, is he vulnerable to wounding like a leader or destruction like a SW? How many PP does Mussolini have? Can a broken squad haul him along when it routs?

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't think you'd want to shoot at whatever MMC possessed Mussolini, if that's how it's set up. I imagine if you kill Il Duce you lose the scenario.

ThePrimeMover

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
It becomes ever more clear that ASLSK is developing into a separate product line.

When there is an ASLSK AP1, there will likely be an ASLSK AP2.

This is surely good news for those people who do not want to move on to ASL - which might not be to few.
I believe the ASL community has acknowledged that ASLSK is good for ASL, even if some will drop out of ASLSK again or not make the transition to full ASL.

There is one point, that now might need some clarification of intentions my MMP:

In the ASLSK AP1, there are two maps included. The "full ASL" player typically will not be very interested in the ASLSK AP scenarios. But he might want the maps, because these could possibly see use in scenario designs in "full ASL" products as has happened (though not very often) in the past.

What are the options for such a "full ASL" player to get hold of the maps:

1. Is he "required" to buy the ASLSK APs to get hold of the maps (along with scenarios he does not care for) in case he wants a "complete" set of geo-boards?

2. Will the geo-boards of the ASLSK APs be available as separate "parts"?

I hope for the second option. Because otherwise, we could be in the same sort of trouble like with that "Operations Special" Magazine, in which one ASL geo-board was published (along with non-ASL content) but which, maybe also due to some protests within the community, luckily did become available as a separate part. If ASLSK evolves into a separate product-line, as it more and more appears, then components should be kept separate as well.

An alternative could be for MMP to discourage the usage of ASLSK geo-boards (the "lettered" ones) for "full ASL" scenario designs. This approach is probably less viable.

von Marwitz
You could always wait for the third map bundle lol!

ThePrimeMover

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
I'm pleased with this but what about the much anticipated SK PTO???!!!!

I guess this reinforces the previous comments about moving toward full integration in an incremental fashion. You should have seen the fuss when full ASLers at a tourney had to use aircraft in a fastball scenario.

I really do hope they do tiny scenarios which introduce some nice yet uncommon facets of the game. Night fighting, paras, caves and beach landings (well PTO / Japs)

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Due my Italian heritage well, Chas. We get a bum rap in history and this game. :)
The Italians have continually gotten a bad rap in WW2. There were quite a few units in the Italian military that performed well. This is especially true of the Regia Aeronautica and the Regia Marina as they both did an incredible job considering the equipment they possessed. This is one reason I would love to see HASL done on the proposed invasion of Malta.

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
It was mostly the leadership that was lacking and some of the weaponry was mediocre. The italian itself was a good soldier, like all the other soldiers.

ThePrimeMover

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
It was mostly the leadership that was lacking and some of the weaponry was mediocre. The italian itself was a good soldier, like all the other soldiers.
Some of their officers were good men from what I've read. In particular from the Alpine units. There seems to be a mutual reflection on the unit as a whole. They kind of remind of the Blue Division (Spanish Divisíon azul) with their ethos.