ASLSK #5 DOT AKA North Africa

Green Beanie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was thinking that being "West of Alamien" is long out of print and MMP has not stated that it would be re-printed, that a North Africa based starter set should be done to get those DOT scenarios and games going. Do a cut down rule F, have a couple desert map boards, dice, counters and a few scenarios. What does every one think of the idea? Get that Rommel VS 8th Army (Notice I did not mention that pain "Monty") clashes. BTW, any one here know of any web sites I can hit to print up free North Africa scenarios? I already checked MMP, Texas ASL, Aussie ASL, Desperation Morale and ALS academy and no such luck. I look forward to your replies and help as always. If only I could do a counter of my old "Rommel's Rod" model I had as a kid and add it to my DAK force.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Actually they (MMP) will never reprint WoA.....

The formal path to DTO ( DOT?) is FKaC for the British and Hollow Legions (3rd Edition) for desert rulz/boards/scenarios. Both modules are in print and available at retail cost from MMP and probably at other reputable sellers such as RitterKreig or Gamer's Armory.

As to free scenarios....you get what you pay for....even CH isn't free even though they should pay you to take the product off their hands. Try DYO?

Last edited:

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Grumble Jones on the ASL Scenario Archive, a rough count of about 5 NA, of his 106 posted scenarios.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Rommel's Rod", a humorous depiction of a Sdkfz 250/1 {with a skeletonized Desert Fox and driver}.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I was thinking that being "West of Alamien" is long out of print and MMP has not stated that it would be re-printed, that a North Africa based starter set should be done to get those DOT scenarios and games going. Do a cut down rule F, have a couple desert map boards, dice, counters and a few scenarios. What does every one think of the idea? Get that Rommel VS 8th Army (Notice I did not mention that pain "Monty") clashes. BTW, any one here know of any web sites I can hit to print up free North Africa scenarios? I already checked MMP, Texas ASL, Aussie ASL, Desperation Morale and ALS academy and no such luck. I look forward to your replies and help as always. If only I could do a counter of my old "Rommel's Rod" model I had as a kid and add it to my DAK force.
ASLSK is supposed to be an introductory module to give players a simplified access to ASL. I’m not convinced that producing an ASLSK module for desert warfare, which is avoided by many ASL players due to its perceived difficulty, is the way to go. If you want to play variants like this, why not make the jump to full ASL?
As a general observation, I am a little uncomfortable that ASLSK is going beyond its original remit with the growing number of available scenarios. I don’t see how this encourages ASLSK players to make the transition to the real thing. I would be interested to know what percentage of ASLSK players never make the jump?

Green Beanie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Old noob, Rommel's Rod was a Mercedes and a Sdkfz 10 put together. Still cool.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
One of the "problems" with SK DTO is the size of the scenarios. SK tends towards the smaller while DTO tends towards the larger. Also set piece attacks over open ground with no OBA support will not be much fun...