Aslrb2

revaddict

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, everybody,

Does anybody have any reliable information as to when the 2nd Edition RB will be printed? I pre-ordered from MMP last fall but still haven't heard anything. Contacting MMP by e-mail didn't get me any reply either.

revaddict (6+1)

Priest

Reaction score
No I don't think that anyone outside MMP has "reliable" information, just that it's supposed to be the next thing out the door after AoO. Possibly this fall. :hmmm:

revaddict

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a coincidence!

Just hours after I posted the initial note in this thread, I received e-mail from MMP. The office manager says the ASLRB2 is at the printer's now and they expect to have it back in a few weeks. She thinks it may get sent out in about a month.

revaddict (6+1)

revaddict

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually I have the 1st edition RB and most of the 1st ed modules. I'm still buying the ASLRB2 because it should clarify a number of things.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
That's good news. I hope MMP prints a really large number of them so they don't run out again any time soon. A lot of people will be sorely tempted to buy an extra copy just in case.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Don Maddox said:
A lot of people will be sorely tempted to buy an extra copy just in case.
And some folks, no doubt, will buy up some extra copies to flog on eBay once MMP do run out! ;)

wiretwister63

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should I wait until my copy of ASL RB2 arrives to really start getting into the game? My thinking is I will have to relearn everything.

Are the changes for clarification only? or is there some major rewrites of rules?

What chapters are included? Chap H should stay about the same I would think? and Chap K is included now with the rule book.

My supplier has several on pre order. I got one on hold can't wait till september.

DJ

da priest

Reaction score
wiretwister63 said:
Should I wait until my copy of ASL RB2 arrives to really start getting into the game?
Not really, if you have ASLRBv1, you really are good to go with the errata. Or if you have a sidekick with one.

wiretwister63 said:
My thinking is I will have to relearn everything.
Nope, that's the attraction of this Game, changes, if any, are to small sections and just to increase playability, clarify the rules.

wiretwister63 said:
Are the changes for clarification only? or is there some major rewrites of rules?
"major" rewrites are to small section like walls, bocage and Human Wave(see posted pages on the MMP website for a flavor of the changed areas).

wiretwister63 said:
What chapters are included? Chap H should stay about the same I would think? and Chap K is included now with the rule book.DJ
Think "J" was pulled out cause DASL has disappeared for newbies.

Other than that A thru E, K and H German/Russian are in there.

Along with the most beautifully proofread index you'll find anywhere. Only one typo and that's Curt's fault, I have the proof!! :devil:

Last edited:

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
revaddict said:
The office manager says the ASLRB2 is at the printer's now and they expect to have it back in a few weeks. She thinks it may get sent out in about a month.

revaddict (6+1)
Thanks for the info! I have been waiting as well. I'll be telling the folks in my ASL group.

O Happy Day! :joy:

Wonder if the MMP website has been updated? Haven't checked it lately. :hmmm:

wiretwister63

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The larger type and more examples realy appeal to me. AH version 1 should have included a magnifying glass

DJ

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
cujo8-1 said:
Thanks for the info! I have been waiting as well. I'll be telling the folks in my ASL group.

O Happy Day! :joy:

Wonder if the MMP website has been updated? Haven't checked it lately. :hmmm:
Be still my beating heart if this is true. That darn hunk of dead trees has the highest resale value of any "in-print" book I've ever seen.