ASLOK XXXVI - Official TD AAR

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to the winners, and to Bret and the crew for another fun and well-orchestrated week. I think this was the first ASLOK in a while that felt like it was somewhat getting back to "normal". Hopefully we'll see attendance continue climbing back up to where it was. My personal W-L record wasn't great this year, but I played a bunch of new opponents and learned a ton (some by observation, but probably most by discovering what not to do in certain situations), so my countdown calendar to next year's event has already started.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to the winners, and to Bret and the crew for another fun and well-orchestrated week. I think this was the first ASLOK in a while that felt like it was somewhat getting back to "normal". Hopefully we'll see attendance continue climbing back up to where it was. My personal W-L record wasn't great this year, but I played a bunch of new opponents and learned a ton (some by observation, but probably most by discovering what not to do in certain situations), so my countdown calendar to next year's event has already started.
That's what ASLOk was supposed to be about and under the excellent care of Mark, Wild Bill and Bret what it is still about. Well done all!!🤗

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
From Justiciar

I would like to note that Keith Spurlock's son Erik attended his first ASLOK, coming in with a half dozen ASL games under his belt. He took part in 2 minis, and as some of you know even played Perry. He went on to play Anthony Flanngan in a game in which Erik battle hardened 5 of his MMC and generated 4 hereos! Living uo to his name tag badge of "Warlord." (His USMC call sign.) In any case the ASL comminity at ASLOK helped him out made him feel welcome, and we have hooked a 26 year old into our old man's game. 🙂

Last edited:

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Justiciar

I would like to note that Keith Spurlock's son Erik attended his first ASLOK, coming in with a half dozen ASL games under his belt. He took part in 2 minis, and as some of you know even played Perry. He went on to play Anthony Flanngan in a game in which Erik battle hardened 5 of his MMC and generated 4 hereos! Living uo to his name tag badge of "Warlord." (His USMC call sign.) In any case the ASL comminity at ASLOK helped him out made him feel welcome, and we have hooked a 26 year old into our old man's game. 🙂
Erik had a decent grasp of the rules after about 12 games and a good grasp of tactics. Plus he’s a real nice guy. Watch out when he gets some more experience.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Erik had a decent grasp of the rules after about 12 games and a good grasp of tactics. Plus he’s a real nice guy. Watch out when he gets some more experience.
Great of you to play him btw. How many times can a newbie playing any game say they got to play one of the Exalted Ones of that game?
The sentiment is true but the Exalted One part is just blowing Smoke up your Canal. 😉😘😘🥰🥰