Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Last time that I was there in 2019, the hotel was fine. I was surprised by the recent reviews. Perhaps it is related to the pandemic caused labour shortages.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bret was able to get me the ASLOK rate. I was informed of that on my Birthday so it was like a $1000 birthday present from Bret.

For years, I stayed at the CLE HGI, about 5 minutes down the road. Excellent hotel, great staff, great breakfast. When my Hilton points finally ran out, I stayed at the venue.

cifdale

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
I do not mind the hotel. Construction year aside, I found it better after the ownership change.

Agreed on the Kudos to Brett and Bill. They give up over a week of their lives just so we can game.

Peace

Roger
I second Roger's comments about Brett and Bill. One of the reasons I look forward to ASLOK is because of the way they run this tournament.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I second Roger's comments about Brett and Bill. One of the reasons I look forward to ASLOK is because of the way they run this tournament.
As I have said I am forever grateful for all those who attend Oktoberfest and especially those who carried on running it when we wussed out. It's not just a week out of their lives, there is so much more prep work that goes into it. However the rewards from running Oktoberfest far outweighed any used vacation time, loss of sleep and everything else that went into hosting it for me, and Fish. Great memories are worth so much more than a few hours if lost sleep.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Bad news for Team USA in the World Cup, I won't be able to make it this year, so you'll have to fatten your scores on someone else.
My usual driver (Jeff Wasserman) rolled a 12 and is laid up with back issues, and car rentals are insanely expensive this year.
Next year for sure!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Bad news for Team USA in the World Cup, I won't be able to make it this year, so you'll have to fatten your scores on someone else.
My usual driver (Jeff Wasserman) rolled a 12 and is laid up with back issues, and car rentals are insanely expensive this year.
Next year for sure!
I totally sympathize about the back. Since jacking mine up in the Spring of 2020 I find it difficult to drive for any extended time.

Stephen Frum

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Next year for sure!
I am sad. Was looking forward to a game with you! Take care Andy!

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The ASLOK Mini Lists actually posted on time for the first time in a long time:

For those wondering, today, 2 weeks prior to the opening Sunday is my target date for the mini lists. If I was ever proactive enough (stop laughing) to have them done before now, I wouldn't post until today regardless. Two weeks is the sweet spot to give a player enough time to pack, but not enough time to play through most of the scenarios.

Do please let me know if you note anything that looks like an error. Mostly looking for something that doesn't fit a theme, that is huge for the round, or a mismatch between scenario designation and name.

Pre-Reg list is now at 85 which is running ~2 weeks ahead of last year (we hit 85 on 9/30 last year). I will try to update soon...

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've done that several times and it always takes me to last year's pre-registration list. Guess I'm just stupid
My guess is your web browser is using a cached version of the page and thus displaying an old version. Most browsers doing a refresh is sufficient to clear the cache and force a download so hopefully that works for you.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The ASLOK Mini Lists actually posted on time for the first time in a long time:

For those wondering, today, 2 weeks prior to the opening Sunday is my target date for the mini lists. If I was ever proactive enough (stop laughing) to have them done before now, I wouldn't post until today regardless. Two weeks is the sweet spot to give a player enough time to pack, but not enough time to play through most of the scenarios.

Do please let me know if you note anything that looks like an error. Mostly looking for something that doesn't fit a theme, that is huge for the round, or a mismatch between scenario designation and name.

Pre-Reg list is now at 85 which is running ~2 weeks ahead of last year (we hit 85 on 9/30 last year). I will try to update soon...
Good luck and as always thanks for all you and Wild Bill do.🥰

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just talked with Bret Hildebran. Bret is adding a Factories & Rails playtest mini to the ASLOK Mini-Tournament on Wednesday, October 5th. So, if you are planning on attending ASLOK and are interested in participating in a truly awesome Mini Tournament, please look for a sign-up sheet when you get there. Oh, and don't forget to bring your Communist Chinese from Forgotten War as they are used for WWII Russians in a couple of scenarios. Hopefully, I will see you in Cleveburg!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I just talked with Bret Hildebran. Bret is adding a Factories & Rails playtest mini to the ASLOK Mini-Tournament on Wednesday, October 5th. So, if you are planning on attending ASLOK and are interested in participating in a truly awesome Mini Tournament, please look for a sign-up sheet when you get there. Oh, and don't forget to bring your Communist Chinese from Forgotten War as they are used for WWII Russians in a couple of scenarios. Hopefully, I will see you in Cleveburg!

View attachment 22770
Awesome!!🥰🥰🤗🤗

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 22770
This is very tempting.