ASLOK XXXVI - October 2nd-9th, 2022

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ONLY ONE MONTH AWAY! Looking forward to seeing all of this year's attendees, especially those from outside the USA that have had problems coming these past years. As always, the ASLOK picnic will be held the first Sunday, October 2nd from 2 PM on. Flyers with address and info will be at the tournament hotel site as of Saturday, 10/1. Food and beverages will be provided. Great way to meet new and old friends in a social atmosphere away from the stress of the games to come. Can't wait to see you all.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
ONLY ONE MONTH AWAY! Looking forward to seeing all of this year's attendees, especially those from outside the USA that have had problems coming these past years. As always, the ASLOK picnic will be held the first Sunday, October 2nd from 2 PM on. Flyers with address and info will be at the tournament hotel site as of Saturday, 10/1. Food and beverages will be provided. Great way to meet new and old friends in a social atmosphere away from the stress of the games to come. Can't wait to see you all.
Dave you are The Man! Your hosting of the picnic all these years is awesome!

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm thinking of coming in just for the picnic, Neil's out but I'm thinking about it.

Jacksons

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anybody have their playlist together for ASLOK?
I will be playing in the PTO minis but I am looking for a list of good scenarios that have come out in the last year or so that are tournament size for after I get knocked out of the Minis.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Anybody have their playlist together for ASLOK?
I will be playing in the PTO minis but I am looking for a list of good scenarios that have come out in the last year or so that are tournament size for after I get knocked out of the Minis.
Good plan!

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As always, looking for some to join me in the Big Game Hunter mini. Any early arrivals interested? Manila would be a good start with some of their monster scenarios. Start Saturday and end well before the other minis begin.
Then looking to playtest/showcase many new works in progress. Four weeks from today!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am trying to make a reservation (Oct 2 - 7) but it is coming back with no availability.

I am also trying to call reservations but you cannot speak to a human being and they are not taking any messages at this time.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I am trying to make a reservation (Oct 2 - 7) but it is coming back with no availability.

I am also trying to call reservations but you cannot speak to a human being and they are not taking any messages at this time.
I'd e-mail Brett directly as I do not think he is on here often. His e-mail address is on the ASLOK web page.

Roger

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
According to my call last night with reservations, the hotel is fully booked. Emailed Bret and he is going to look into this.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
According to my call last night with reservations, the hotel is fully booked. Emailed Bret and he is going to look into this.
I am not shocked that less than a month out the block of rooms (let alone the hotel) is full.........

Though I had issues reserving my room months ago so hopefully things can be worked out......

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, I made reservations at La Quinta. It is minutes away.

Bret contacted me and said about the same as everyone else as far as the hotel being booked and "maybe" something might open up.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Okay, I made reservations at La Quinta. It is minutes away.

Bret contacted me and said about the same as everyone else as far as the hotel being booked and "maybe" something might open up.
Is there a Browns game or baseball then?

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I got a room booked, but not at the ASLOK rate. I booked it on 9/2/22 for $220 / night. I emailed Bret to see if I could get ASLOK rate applied. Waiting to see. If they will not come down I'll stay somewhere else. I'm not paying $220 for a Four Points. I can stay at a nicer hotel for less and use the difference to uber to hotel.

Since the merger Sheraton / Marriot merger I figured things would go south. Marriot is a horrendous hotel chain and I can't for the life of me understand how they stay in business.

So, if you can't talk to a human being at the hotel, how the heck am I supposed to contact hotel for the shuttle from CLE? Or do I have to Uber / Taxi to hotel now?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
La Quinta was $115/ night (5 nights) and it is only 2 minutes drive away. It looks decent enough.

Pretty much everything else starts hitting the $150+ a night.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
La Quinta was $115/ night (5 nights) and it is only 2 minutes drive away. It looks decent enough.

Pretty much everything else starts hitting the $150+ a night.
We figured wwbitd you could attend Oktoberfest, three days, for $100 if you shared a room. Excluding meals and transportation. Pricey now but those attending probably have more income than back then.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got a room booked, but not at the ASLOK rate. I booked it on 9/2/22 for $220 / night. I emailed Bret to see if I could get ASLOK rate applied. Waiting to see. If they will not come down I'll stay somewhere else. I'm not paying $220 for a Four Points. I can stay at a nicer hotel for less and use the difference to uber to hotel.

Since the merger Sheraton / Marriot merger I figured things would go south. Marriot is a horrendous hotel chain and I can't for the life of me understand how they stay in business.

So, if you can't talk to a human being at the hotel, how the heck am I supposed to contact hotel for the shuttle from CLE? Or do I have to Uber / Taxi to hotel now?
Doug, call me and I can pick you up.