ASLOK XXXV (the Redux) - October 3rd thru 10th, 2021

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does this AP use the crazy hill terrain rules or do the scenarios go by the normal hill rules in the ASLRB?

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Clarification - that's NK/US
NK/US/SK
Thanks - updated - not sure how I managed to mess those up...

James Taylor did just pre-reg yesterday - his ears must have been burning.

I believe only 3 of the scenarios have some form of steep hills: AP187 (at level 2+), AP188 (at level 2+) & AP190 (at level 3), so if you absolutely cannot stand steep hills you have 13 scenarios to choose from in the pack. And frankly, steep hills aren't that bad...

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks - updated - not sure how I managed to mess those up...

James Taylor did just pre-reg yesterday - his ears must have been burning.

I believe only 3 of the scenarios have some form of steep hills: AP187 (at level 2+), AP188 (at level 2+) & AP190 (at level 3), so if you absolutely cannot stand steep hills you have 13 scenarios to choose from in the pack. And frankly, steep hills aren't that bad...
While I am considering combining steep hills and alpine hills -- I haven't found quite the situation for it just yet.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Pete, I am sure these scenarios will be fun to play but KWASL just is not my bag. Too complicated for my small old brain lol.

Scott

It's some great ASL ,Scott - and in fact plays a lot quicker. Less concealment, not many AFVs. Most complicated thing is probably the ChiComs-- but the context of the scenarios is not so much.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's some great ASL ,Scott - and in fact plays a lot quicker. Less concealment, not many AFVs. Most complicated thing is probably the ChiComs-- but the context of the scenarios is not so much.
Hey Scott...I echo what Pete says...

If you can play the Japanese, you can play the ChiComs...they play like brittle Japanese. The only learning curve with the ChiComs is the Infantry Platoon Movement (IPM) and the exceptions to it...once you have that, they are a lot of fun to play. The summary chart that was in Rally Point #17 is an excellent tool to help you manage the ChiComs.

They represent a new challenge to master in the ASL universe on par with the challenges that the Japanese represented when they were introduced. A good mental challenge keeps the brain sharp. :geek:

Semper Fi!
Scott

Last edited: