ASLOK XXXV (the Redux) - October 3rd thru 10th, 2021

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Me too. Booked already for Aslok and Philadelphia (friendly FtF weekend), and will proceed now with St Louis in July and WO in January 2022. The dice be with us!
Good plan! Good luck, good gunnin' and bon voyage!🤗

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm pretty much set for ASLOK except for airfare reservation. I'm somewhat hesitant to commit to flying this year, but I DREAD a 12 hour drive. It's not so bad going to Cleveland, but driving home after a week of ASL exhaustion is not something to which I look forward.

Sadly, nobody in NC wants to leave on Friday 10/1 so I'm probably stuck with flying. I just have a bad feeling about booking airfare. Is anyone else considering a long drive instead of flying?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I'm pretty much set for ASLOK except for airfare reservation. I'm somewhat hesitant to commit to flying this year, but I DREAD a 12 hour drive. It's not so bad going to Cleveland, but driving home after a week of ASL exhaustion is not something to which I look forward.

Sadly, nobody in NC wants to leave on Friday 10/1 so I'm probably stuck with flying. I just have a bad feeling about booking airfare. Is anyone else considering a long drive instead of flying?
I always drive. It takes between 9 and 10 hours. I won't say it is fun, but I dislike flying enough that my criteria is if I can drive there in one daylight segment, I won't even consider flying.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I wish I could drive. Sadly, I would need a boat, down the St Lawrence, and across a couple of the Great Lakes. I think flying would be faster. If I come (and I am playing to do so), would you be willing to let me use your kit? I will have system markers and overlays. I just need boards and pieces. -- jim

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wish I could drive. Sadly, I would need a boat, down the St Lawrence, and across a couple of the Great Lakes. I think flying would be faster. If I come (and I am playing to do so), would you be willing to let me use your kit? I will have system markers and overlays. I just need boards and pieces. -- jim
no problem. I’ll save you table space beside me. When are you arriving?

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States

I’m driving Doug.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I’ve flown several times during COVID Doug and I’ve been impressed with the cleanliness and safety measures in place both on the planes and in the airport. Should be safe

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I find it ironic that you are traveling from Germany to go to Oktoberfest!🤔😉😊
Well Oktoberfest actually starts in September. I am doubtful there will be one this year. I hope there is, but right now, things don't look too promising. -- jim

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Well Oktoberfest actually starts in September. I am doubtful there will be one this year. I hope there is, but right now, things don't look too promising. -- jim
Yes the whole situation is quite iffy.

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The Australian Govt has stated in the budget released yesterday that they don't expect our international borders to open until mid 2022, so you won't be seeing any Aussies (or Kiwis I reckon) for a while yet...

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
You can't get out?
Or you can't get back in?
Only celebrities and professional sports people can get out and in. All sorts of exemptions for them.
Regular people can't get out.
Regular people can't get back in (some who were out when this all started are still not yet back in, despite govt claims they'll all be home by end of December 2020). - The War will be over by Christmas?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Ah, the days of the Burning Wreck room for smokers. Getting my 2nd shot tomorrow (friday) and I might make it. Depends on my money situation. Room rates will probably be very high this year.
Scott I hope you can make it. I'm planning on making an appearance and it would be great to see you!🤗