ASLOK XXXV (the Redux) - October 3rd thru 10th, 2021

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got my 2nd on Valentines Day at the VA & about 25% of the population of WI has received at least 1 shot already and if you're a vet just call and make a reservation in most instances. Perhaps this will be my 1st ASLOK (at least partial) I hope.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm eligible for my first vaccination shot on 5 April, but given how poorly Massachusetts's government has handled things so far, I can't even guess when I might actually get my first shot.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The VA is sticking anyone age 40 and up as supplies arrive at facilities. They are also sticking anyone of any age 16 or higher who is a registered caregiver, or a veteran working in an essential industry, or a veteran working as a first responder, or a veteran working for the VA.

Supplies still need to be on hand for the arm jabbing - so facilities are doing it by appointments, based on quantities actually received of the doses.

Overseas installations are facing other challenges, as their facilities prioritize the active duty and any federalized active reserve on TAD/TDY first, before any resident veterans or caregivers. So their dosage availability is quite a bit less overall than U.S. installations.

Solano County and Sacramento County, CA, are jabbing any non-veteran age 16 or over who works in an essential job, as a first responder, is a teacher, or works for health care facilities, and any other person age 45+ right now. Again, appointments are still required, due to fluctuations of doses.

I have had thing 1 and thing 2 already, the wife and the boys have got their thing 1s.

:)

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the update. I did a mini foray to Gettysburg two weeks ago where John Dober hosted seven players. Being vaccinated I really had no fears as I knew most of the group having played with many more there last October. I need to get up to Erie so ASLOK provides a perfect excuse not that I would not have gone anyway. I did stop playing after Thanksgiving until Gettysburg as the situation got way out of control.

skippen

Reaction score
First name
Scott
Country
llUnited States
I assume you won't be requiring masks while playing, and clearly Ohio is allowing gatherings of this size?

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I assume you won't be requiring masks while playing, and clearly Ohio is allowing gatherings of this size?
I would think, given the fluidity of the pandemic, the mask decision would need to be made much closer to the event date depending on state of Ohio requirements.

As far as number of attendees allowed, I have no idea. But as a TD I would not schedule the event if there is much doubt on numbers allowed. I cancelled the NC Bitter Ender on this basis alone.

skippen

Reaction score
First name
Scott
Country
llUnited States
Well, got the wife sign-off, will be fully vaccinated by then, so I signed up. I haven't been there since 2009.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Got the first shot yesterday. Haven't got a hankering for human brain yet so hope to be there for at least an appearance.

Liver sounding quite tasty though.😋😋🤤🤤

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Doug noted, it is hard to say now for sure on masks, but at this point I would not anticipate requiring them.

We're anticipating 6 months out, the gathering size won't be an issue. But we will have to see how things develop for sure, but with the way vaccinations are going I am relatively optimistic at this point...

skippen

Reaction score
First name
Scott
Country
llUnited States
Excited to go, but if masks do become a requirement, I will drop. Too long to wear one. Also, if attendance is really low I may drop as well as I won't have my own kit.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, if attendance is really low I may drop as well as I won't have my own kit.
Attendance would need to be REALLY low for this to be a problem. I fly and take my kit. As long as players aren't using same maps / nationalities I bet I could host 20 games from my kit alone :)

I would recommend bringing your own informational counters and ASLRB if space allows regardless of attendance. Sometimes you play people without their own kit too and having information counters really helps.