ASLOK XXXIII

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, it's Columbus Day. The day we celebrate the conclusion of yet another ASLOK.
I would like to thank all the picnic attendees for making the first Sunday of the tournament such a gas. Special thanks to Rich Domovic for the excellent shrimp and grilling assistance. Also thanks to all who donated beer, wine, and alcohol to the festivities. And, of course, to Mark Nixon for the entertainment.
Secondly, I wish to thank all my opponents during the week. Got to play 13 different players in 14 scenarios. Not a bad scenario in the lot. Great opponents, one and all. You make my ASLOK special.
Thirdly, I thank all that matters for Bret and Wild Bill. These two are heroes for the constant preparation and attention during a grueling ten days. They continue to set the bar for TDs everywhere.
Fourth, I would like to thank all the attendees for their constant patronage for the past 33 years. If it wasn't for you guys, I'd have no friends at all. You are the best.
Fifth, a special shoutout to my stablemate in the hallway, Kev Killeen, for the wine and laughs. For anyone who has not has the pleasure of playing Kev, you need to look him up. (Make sure he is using his cursed dice!).
Sixth, thanks to my houseguests, Pete Mudge, Jim Serrafin, and Mike Ziementz. My doors are always open and the pleasure is mine.
Lastly, much love and thanks to Diane for putting up with this old gamer and his time consuming obsession with this game.
Til next year or the next tournament I get to attend, thanks to ASL without which my life might be a little boring.

RIP, my friends, Darrell Wright and Bill Copeland.

(PS: In regards to the War Dogs mini final: I was not a failure to show on Sunday. I had talked to Wes Vaughn early that morning and he was the one who said that he wouldn't have time to play the final scenario before his flight back home. So we decided to settle the question of "Dog" champion at Rodney Callens February Bash. Although, Wes may have the temporary possession of the plaque, I am quite confident it will return to it's "rightful" owner after we clash at Callens. I be waiting Wes!!!)

Final tally: 10 and 4, with one plaque and by February, two plaques...….

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully one day I'll make it back to ASLOK and once more you and I can play as we usually do when I show up. Glad to see you had a great time and thats what counts when you play ASL. See you at the ASL Open Dave.

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the BBQ Dave! Sorry we couldn't get our match in. Hope to see you on the tourney trail next year.

Rob

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the game, Dave. Playing that Hatten scenario was fun. I learned a lot from your expert play. Hope to talk to you soon.