ASLOK XXXIII - Official TD AAR

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
You left out the important part...what crazy balanced was used? They have played this scenario to death year after year. They should have balanced dialed in by now. Hopefully MMP asked them for advice on the upcoming reissue of that scenario.
The balance changes every year. When Rock Boy changes hand, sides are switched and you start the next year from scratch. The balance moves slowly until the sides change and you start over again. -- jim

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
When Rock Boy changes hand, sides are switched and you start the next year from scratch.
For the ignorant and unwashed masses - what is that Rock Boy? Is it Rock Sgt Dan in a conveniently cast into concrete? Is there a picture?

von Marwitz

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
For the ignorant and unwashed masses - what is that Rock Boy? Is it Rock Sgt Dan in a conveniently cast into concrete? Is there a picture?

von Marwitz
It is a small plastic viking holding a rock over his head. -- jim

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
What those four do in the wee hours is up to them. I surely did not stick around.
No one in his right mind (EXC: when playing a mini final or GROFAZ game) will stick around when those four have their Viking War Party.

Bret should rent them a separate meeting room for the night. Maybe using savings on all the leftover pizza, which can feed a small Viking village.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I will add as a side-note that I have been made world cup co-USA-MVP for my decision to show up after the world cup play had finished. I would like to thank all those who made my achievement possible.

JR

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No one in his right mind (EXC: when playing a mini final or GROFAZ game) will stick around when those four have their Viking War Party.

Bret should rent them a separate meeting room for the night. Maybe using savings on all the leftover pizza, which can feed a small Viking village.
I disagree!! Granted I have known 2 of them for 20+ years and the other two nearly as long but you MUST experience the battle that is To the Last Man for Rock Boy!!!!

Should be on everyone's bucket list... note, it helps to keep up with them in the drinking department.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
"Devil Squads: Our lone undecided plaque as Ed Beekman and Ray Woloszyn are currently dueling. Ed has been preparing his concession speech, but has declined to give it as of yet..."

Finished at 13:30 Sunday instead of Saturday night. I did not get a concession speech but one of Ed's great game commentaries made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of my chair. The final act in this Hatten drama was worthy of a "Hey Vern, watch this!" moment when Ed did a FPF with his 9-1 leader and MMG Squad against my CE Sherman. A commentary on the high morale level of the leader was followed by boxcars on the shot and then a white flag.

Many thanks to Dave, Brett and Bill and everybody else for a great time!

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Saturday Mini Update: (Updated for Ray's win)

New Kid In Town: Wes Vaughn beats Tuomo Lukkari in the finals.
The Emperor's Finest: Hank Witthaar defeats Andy Beaton for the plaque.
Squad Bleeder VI: Larry Zoet triumphs over Danny Stanhagen.
Squad Bleeder VI #2: Andrea Pagni overcomes Brian Wiersma for the wood.
Devil Squads: Ray Woloszyn overcame Ed Beekman in the final to snare the last plaque of ASLOK XXXIII - the concession came just after I started to tear down the mini boards robbing the chance for Ray to see his name on the Mini champs wall twice.
Cold As Ice: Mikko Lukkari proves that the Finns are kings of the ice and snow with a late night win over JR VanMechlen who faced the full fury of a slightly drunken Finn who had 7 hours to work himself into a frenzy waiting for JR's semifinal game to finish.
Wrongway's Ready or Revise?: Mike Reed triumphs over Jonathan Kay to bring home his 2nd wood.
New Kid In Town #2: Aaron Cleavin triumphs over Doug Smith.
Start Me Up: Eric Stranger triumphs over Pete DiCiocio to garner the Starter Kit title.