ASLOK XXXII - Official TD AAR

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stopped by the ASLOK Hotel this evening and all was going well. Wild Bill had moved 30 AP13's already which means we had 30+ through the doors on Saturday which is quite impressive for this early. The World was only up 2-1 in the Cup and even trailed 1-0 in the very early gunning. Mike McGrath was already 3-0 and was starting to hunt foreigners in his attempt to "Make American ASL Great Again".

Hotel was looking good overall including the new "Hub" sports bar. One note, right now they have the side entrance by the elevator as having to key in at all hours. So anyone who doesn't have a hotel key will need to enter through the front entrance by the lobby (or count on the kindness of strangers). I'd suggest parking in front. I made one run at the front desk to at least have it open thru 8PM or so but was assured that wasn't secure somehow. I'll likely make another attempt through the Sales office Monday, but for now plan on parking in front and entering via the lobby if you're not a hotel guest.

Dave Ginnard is primed for the ASLOK Picnic tomorrow - promising excellent weather along with even better eats. I believe Dave is starting off festivities a little earlier this year starting around 4PM to give people a chance to stop by and get back in time to resume their game. Although he assured me he'd still be open late for any that cared to stay deep into the night. Hope to see everyone at the picnic on Sunday...

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sunday Update - Dave Ginnard's picnic was a hit as usual. I think the early start time was nice as people could come over during more sunlight. Turned out to be a great weather day in Cleveland - always hit and miss in October. Dave put the official count at 51 and that was based on how many he could remember talking to. Great turnout and a lot of fun.

The USA finished Saturday up 5-4 in the World Cup, but the World Forces rallied Sunday to surge out to a 13-7 lead to finish the weekend.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I count 75 through the door already as of Monday evening which is very high for this early. Official pre-reg count at 140 so far.

World is up 4-3 today in games recorded to extend their lead to 17-10 as of now...

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Tear up old world vs. us results. Renegotiate a better record. MAAGA.

JR
You could impose a 220% import tax on counters being brought over from outside US. That should cut down their OoB's sufficiently to make US kick again. Or just play the friggin' game. ;)

von Marwitz

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Monday update - World forces have taken a commanding 28-14 lead on the US. The US opened competitively in the morning, but the World ran off 10 straight games starting in the evening to sprint ahead.

The race for US MVP is wide open with 6 players at +1. Ray Woloszyn is 2-1 while Mark Pitcavage, Mark Shryock, Dave Wallick, Ed Beekman & Nadir Elfarra are all 1-0.

Philippe Briaux is dominating the US at 5-0 while Andy Rogers is within striking distance at 4-1. Peter Struijf, Derek Ritter, Mattias Ronnblom and Jamie Westlake are all 2-0 as well. Andy scored the most impressive World Cup win downing Mike McGrath last night.

83 through the door as of Monday night with official attendance sitting at 141 at the moment...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Monday update - World forces have taken a commanding 28-14 lead on the US. The US opened competitively in the morning, but the World ran off 10 straight games starting in the evening to sprint ahead.

The race for US MVP is wide open with 6 players at +1. Ray Woloszyn is 2-1 while Mark Pitcavage, Mark Shryock, Dave Wallick, Ed Beekman & Nadir Elfarra are all 1-0.

Philippe Briaux is dominating the US at 5-0 while Andy Rogers is within striking distance at 4-1. Peter Struijf, Derek Ritter, Mattias Ronnblom and Jamie Westlake are all 2-0 as well. Andy scored the most impressive World Cup win downing Mike McGrath last night.

83 through the door as of Monday night with official attendance sitting at 141 at the moment...
Just a quick idea. Don't know if it will work.

sweep-the-leg-large.jpg

JR

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tell jeff De Young and his low life traveling companion Larry Zoet to have fun, the bums. Not that I'm jealous at all mind you....

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great job once again Bret! The renovated hotel is excellent with the new fitness facility (even saw two other ASLOK attendees in there), renovated rooms and the new restaurant all outstanding. Best ASL venue there is
Thx
William

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Great job once again Bret! The renovated hotel is excellent with the new fitness facility (even saw two other ASLOK attendees in there), renovated rooms and the new restaurant all outstanding. Best ASL venue there is
Did they put drapes in the game room? That late-afternoon sun blindness DRM was killer.

JR

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Did they put drapes in the game room? That late-afternoon sun blindness DRM was killer.

JR
Drapes, yes. Appears to be a thin muslin, but serviceable.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

JR
There is something that I call sheers. They do NOT block sunlight. I had a table on the morning sun side on Saturday and I moved by the end of the day. It was like a sauna there.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is something that I call sheers. They do NOT block sunlight. I had a table on the morning sun side on Saturday and I moved by the end of the day. It was like a sauna there.
The sauna is a feature you'd typically have to pay extra for. :D

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tuesday Update - The World has triumphed once again. 40-22 was the final tally. The World actually tallied the same mark as last year while the US improved by 4 - if that rate continues we'll catch them by 2022. Hope!

Philippe Briaux paced the World forces at 6-1 to claim World MVP honors. Aussies Andy Rogers (5-2) and Jamie Westlake (3-0) shared runner-up status at +3.

For the US forces it was a 7 way tie for the top spot as the top Americans only managed to go +1. Ed Beekman, Mark Pitcavage, Kent Ryan, Mark Shryock & Dave Wallick all went 1-0 while Ray Woloszyn and Rob Loper put up 3-2 marks. After an elaborate set of tie-breaking algorithms were utilized, Ray Woloszyn was crowned US MVP due to his strength of schedule. Ray was the only blemish on the records of both Andrea Pagni (3-1) & Michael Rodgers (3-1).