ASLOK XX Pictures

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for showing these, Chas. Keep 'em coming!

This is as close as I'll get to a tourney for a while... :(

(Unless I can make it to Lee's Edmonton Tourney this spring.)

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For some reason I can't get my pictures to work tonight; don't know if it's with my ISP or what, but I will try again tomorrow...

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Chas,
The pics are awesome. I followed the link above to your site to here. The descriptions and pictrues do not match below #5 Bill Hayward though. Starting with #6, all the pictures seem to be correct but the story is the one of you and Bill playing. I look forward to reading the rest when fixed. -- jim

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Garrett & Pete Shelling having fun with Pete's Ponyri HASL:

Ray Woloszyn, Phillippe Briaux & Tom Cvetinovich:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve Anderson & Michael Hastrup-Leth:

Klas Malmstrom looks concerned about what my Poles might do in Maczek Fire Brigade:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ray Woloszyn, on his way to his third Mini championship, plays Jean-Pascal Paoli in Death At Carentan as Eric Bongiovanni watches.

Klas Malmstrom & Wes Vaughn:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Battle of the Bald Guys: Another shot of Michael Hastrup-Leth & J.R. Tracy in their GROFAZ championship match:

Tom (Jazz) Jazbutis & Adam Lunney have a go at Assaulting Tes.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In Budapest you get to play with three players! Dogs of War on steroids...

Turn 3 of my game of Mike Red with Hennie Van der Salm; note the dead pile to the right...filled with many Saving Private Ryan moments; i.e. ramp down, guys die. This was how my week started. It never really stopped.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas Argent said:
Turn 3 of my game of Mike Red with Hennie Van der Salm; note the dead pile to the right...filled with many Saving Private Ryan moments; i.e. ramp down, guys die. This was how my week started. It never really stopped.
Who finally won that game? Looks like you did better than I did--when I played it, I think only one and a half squads actually touched sand. They were killed the next turn. Everything else died in the water.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Germans won handily. We played with the Balance for the Canadians (which is one extra LC). One LC was sunk on the way in, and another Mired in the shallow water; one leader was killed on the beach, and the other 3 were wounded. I think I may have had something like 2 squad/equivalents actually make it to the Wire line. No one ever made it off the sand. By the time the DD tanks reached the shore the game was over.

This was made possible by the fact that Hennie rolled incredibly low vs. my disembarking infantry (literally two snakes and two 3s vs. unloading infantry), and then compounded by my incredibly poor rolling on Morale checks; so it's hard to say, with more "average" rolls from either side, how this scenario might go. But in this playing the Canadians were just crushed.

Last edited: