Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
meh just wing it......... This is not Albany, no prepping :cool::D:rolleyes:

Peace

Roger
It is not prepping to play, though that helps, can get me to beer one way or the other faster...its about organizing stuff to bring...I won't bring that nationalist b/c I veto X scenario. I no longer pack the kitchen sink to ASL events, like Det. Friday...just the facts.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With you, but mid-Sept runs until the 20th. :)
Ahem errr no...he is behind the curve based off past performance and the early set of ASLOK this year...as a former S-2 type you should have that in your data set. No soup for you!

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ahem errr no...he is behind the curve based off past performance and the early set of ASLOK this year...as a former S-2 type you should have that in your data set. No soup for you!
I treat it like the delivery window dates you get when you order something from Amazon. I'll start watching the mailbox on the first day of the window, but won't be able to submit a "Where's My Stuff?" query until after the latest expected delivery date. My ASLOK experience is too limited to know what's typical for posting the list in question.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I think over the years the release date has been closer and closer to the event itself.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
It is not prepping to play, though that helps, can get me to beer one way or the other faster...its about organizing stuff to bring...I won't bring that nationalist b/c I veto X scenario. I no longer pack the kitchen sink to ASL events, like Det. Friday...just the facts.
I was kidding........... I got it and understand. I just do not worry about lists, I still bring the kitchen sink SMILE...........

Peace

Roger

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Said the guy from CANADA:
If you travel the world as much as I do, you cannot fail to see that the Americans' obsession with their national sports is completely different from just about any other place.

There are sports fans everywhere in the world and when there is some major tournament or some town's team or national squad does well, there is interest and some fan-like behaviour, but I have seen nothing comparable to the year-round lifelong conversations going on between American men about sports.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If you travel the world as much as I do, you cannot fail to see that the Americans' obsession with their national sports is completely different from just about any other place.

There are sports fans everywhere in the world and when there is some major tournament or some town's team or national squad does well, there is interest and some fan-like behaviour, but I have seen nothing comparable to the year-round lifelong conversations going on between American men about sports.
You clearly haven't spent much time in Australia!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember going to ASLOK back in the early 90's and all you had was your German, Russian, American and Brit OB's along with RB maps and maybe 30 odd geo boards. As the years grinded on, you started to carry a steamer trunk full of stuff to play at ASLOK. So if I ever go to ASLOK again, ( cant go this year, too expensive and alot of kool ASL products are coming out this year that I want to spend my money on) I would just pack the bare bone basics.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
....... I would just pack the bare bone basics.
Bare bone basics would be rulebook and all the official modules that you own (BV, Yanks, RS, DB, etc.) including the scenarios?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Bare bone basics would be rulebook and all the official modules that you own (BV, Yanks, RS, DB, etc.) including the scenarios?
I carry Russians & Germans, basic information counters, a pocket rulebook, a dice tower and my little box of dice/tweezer/common overlays etc.

I have never had ANY problem borrowing maps and counters for any scenario at ASLOK - it is just a great group of people who are always willing to help out.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I carry Russians & Germans, basic information counters, a pocket rulebook, a dice tower and my little box of dice/tweezer/common overlays etc.

I have never had ANY problem borrowing maps and counters for any scenario at ASLOK - it is just a great group of people who are always willing to help out.
On my last trip to ASLOK (4th trip), I mistakenly forgot all of my maps. I asked to borrow a couple of different maps from a very well known player. He asked me, every time he saw me, if I still had his maps. Around dinner time of the second night, I entered the elevator, with a group of players of which this same person was one. He looked at me and said, "there is no room in my car". I told him "I have my own car and was not planning on going out to dinner with you anyways". I packed up my gear and left the next morning. This was the only time that anything like this happened.
I haven't been back since but only because i cannot get the vacation time off for that period.