ASLOK....Right around the corner!!!!

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
On my last trip to ASLOK (4th trip), I mistakenly forgot all of my maps. I asked to borrow a couple of different maps from a very well known player. He asked me, every time he saw me, if I still had his maps. Around dinner time of the second night, I entered the elevator, with a group of players of which this same person was one. He looked at me and said, "there is no room in my car". I told him "I have my own car and was not planning on going out to dinner with you anyways". I packed up my gear and left the next morning. This was the only time that anything like this happened.
I haven't been back since but only because i cannot get the vacation time off for that period.
I am stunned by your experience, very disappointing.

I borrow from people I know and return their stuff immediately after each game. Never had anything but friendly experiences in about 10 trips to ASLOK.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am stunned by your experience, very disappointing.

I borrow from people I know and return their stuff immediately after each game. Never had anything but friendly experiences in about 10 trips to ASLOK.
It was not like we had not talked in my previous 3 trips. I thought it would be cool but it turned out not to be I guess. As I said, it is not the reason that I have not attended since. It was just not the experience that I was expecting.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FYI - in celebration of the Browns first win in nearly 2 years, I finally posted the Mini lists for 2018 to the ASLOK page. You can find the link off the main page or go directly to the .pdf at:
http://www.aslok.org/downloads/ASLOK_18_Minis.pdf

Let me know of any flagrant errors/issues...

Spread the news & start packing your counters, ASLOK is nearly upon us...

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Excellent.

Question: For Thursday's Tincans and Popguns, DTF-7 is on the list followed by "79/q/69/t + M1 + R/G" in parentheses. What do "M1" and "R/G" mean?

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
On my last trip to ASLOK (4th trip), I mistakenly forgot all of my maps. I asked to borrow a couple of different maps from a very well known player. He asked me, every time he saw me, if I still had his maps. Around dinner time of the second night, I entered the elevator, with a group of players of which this same person was one. He looked at me and said, "there is no room in my car". I told him "I have my own car and was not planning on going out to dinner with you anyways". I packed up my gear and left the next morning. This was the only time that anything like this happened.
I haven't been back since but only because i cannot get the vacation time off for that period.

I will happily lend stuff. I just make notes as to who has what. I loaned a map one year, never got it back (an oversight I am certain) so since then I make notes.

Partially my fault, as I have not put my name on my maps. Luckily I had a double,

Peace

Roger

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Two quick rules question on scenario SP255 Anatoly's Ambush...

1) The VC refers to the exiting of German "tanks" not AFV. Does this mean that the SPW 251/1 halftracks do NOT count towards this VC, since they are not "tanks" ?

2) The VC refer to multiple tanks exited off "any north edge road hex". Does this mean both tanks must exit off the SAME road hex to count, or can they exit off two different road hexes?

Not the best worded VC I have ever seen......but I hope someone can help me out.

buser333

Reaction score
Two quick rules question on scenario SP255 Anatoly's Ambush...

1) The VC refers to the exiting of German "tanks" not AFV. Does this mean that the SPW 251/1 halftracks do NOT count towards this VC, since they are not "tanks" ?

2) The VC refer to multiple tanks exited off "any north edge road hex". Does this mean both tanks must exit off the SAME road hex to count, or can they exit off two different road hexes?

Not the best worded VC I have ever seen......but I hope someone can help me out.
The wording does seem a bit sloppy as I do not even see the term "tank" defined in the index. Despite this I think you will find it to be quite an enjoyable scenario to play.
My take on your questions is as follows:

1) Correct.
2) They can exit off any of the three northern road hexes, regardless of where any other "tanks" may have exited.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
FYI - in celebration of the Browns first win in nearly 2 years, I finally posted the Mini lists for 2018 to the ASLOK page. You can find the link off the main page or go directly to the .pdf at:
http://www.aslok.org/downloads/ASLOK_18_Minis.pdf

Let me know of any flagrant errors/issues...

Spread the news & start packing your counters, ASLOK is nearly upon us...
Nice touch with the title of Thursday's Night mini.........

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the Night Mini, where is this scenario from?

OS-15 Nightlife is for the Junge

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The wording does seem a bit sloppy as I do not even see the term "tank" defined in the index....
Not as such, but it is (sort of) defined in Chapter H:
"Type Tt = tankette. LT = light tank. MT = medium tank. HT = heavy tank....."

and LT, MT, and HT are defined in the Index.

Also, "tank" is used in the rules proper in a couple of placed - e.g., D6.2:
"Riders are limited to tanks (not tankettes), TD, SPA...."

That being said, using "AFV [EXC: halftracks]" might have been better/clearer - I don't have the scenario, so I can't the exact wording of the VC.