ASLOK Releases?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
In Louisiana, I can almost guaran-dam-tee you that you speak English better than those Cajuns!! They make some great spicy food, but they're hard to understand (especially those out in the deep southern rural areas)
That was exactly the place. Only some few miles off the gulf with a bayou and gators in the backyard...

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A lot of Germans did move to Texas...

But that was a LONG time ago.
True.

BTW, there was some poll on which language was to become the 'common language' in the early days of the US. Either German or English. English won only by two or three votes - because some people sent to cast their vote for German were delayed by high snow. Forgotten the details but that's what they taught me in American History back then. Nice little story.

von Marwitz

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
BTW, there was some poll on which language was to become the 'common language' in the early days of the US. Either German or English. English won only by two or three votes - because some people sent to cast their vote for German were delayed by high snow. Forgotten the details but that's what they taught me in American History back then. Nice little story.
Perhaps an early instance of fake news: https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/april-fools-german-as-americas-official-language/ & http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/german.asp. The actual story has been distorted in the re-telling.

JR

Last edited:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Back on topic.... :mad:

There will be a sheet of Zerkers, and the Sniper/FFE sheet to oggle.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bumping this one to the top.

What is the story on SP this year? Did the hurricane delay it...soon to arrive like FrF? Or do we expect nothing this year?

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I would be interested to know whether the Schwerpunkt releases for this year are postponed or cancelled.
The Gamers Armory website says:
"Schwerpunkt #23 and Rally Point #14 did not get released at ASLOK. There is no ETA on their release, but we hope this will happen by mid November."

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bumping back to the top. What is the word on SP? Anything immenent for release? I want to order the new FrF from Gamers Armory, would wait if I though a new SP was on the foreseeable horizon.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I cannot give a date, but I believe it is in the final stages.

(Edit: FEMA just announced that it is extending some benefits to hurricane victims in the area, including payment for temporary housing)