ASLOK Mini-Tournament scenarios.....mid September?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all,

anxiously waiting for the middle of September, when the Mini scenario lists for ASLOK should be available......I know in Cleveland the second half of September is much longer than the first half, but I hope Bret will oblige us soon....

I have only few scenarios so I need to roam around the earth getting a package together....and I do enjoy looking at the options and the maps for the games I might end up playing....

Excited !

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
As the player list is not available as of now, i guess you'll get the scenario list two/three days before the start of the event, like it happened a couple of years ago.

I am a fan of paradoxical injunctions. :)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You might have not liked ASLOK back in the day, when Fish used to run things, to qualify for the Grofaz, you HAD to play Guards Counter Attack and one Partisan scenario out of the Partisan module.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the record, the goal for the scenario lists is & always has been 2 weeks before the first Sunday which means the goal was 9/17 this year. I am 2 days late, which I'll live with to get the lists relatively right, rather than rushed. I view "Mid-September" as anytime the 10th thru 20th effectively as that's the "middle third". If you define the middle as purely 9/15 you will be bound to be disappointed most years...

Mini-lists are available:
http://www.aslok.org/downloads/ASLOK_17_Minis.pdf

Attachments

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the record, the goal for the scenario lists is & always has been 2 weeks before the first Sunday which means the goal was 9/17 this year. I am 2 days late, which I'll live with to get the lists relatively right, rather than rushed. I view "Mid-September" as anytime the 10th thru 20th effectively as that's the "middle third". If you define the middle as purely 9/15 you will be bound to be disappointed most years...

Mini-lists are available:
http://www.aslok.org/downloads/ASLOK_17_Minis.pdf
Bret,
Don't let the snowflakes get you down. Close enough to be considered "on time"...
Steve

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Brett-

Great scenario list. As for DB138 Die Verdammten, played this one three times and it never got past turn 3. The Germans just take too many losses to really make it over the finish line. Plus time is seriously against the Germans in this one, very tough terrain to traverse. I would highly recommend giving the Germans one more turn, reducing the exit VP maybe to 35 EVP. The only possible scenario ender might be how well either the OBA or FB's do against the Germans might be a remaining problem. Unless there is some magic way for the Germans to pull off a victory, I have not found it. The Russians will usually have both SU 100's with back up from the SU 85's guarding the exit area while the T-34's try to pick off the lightly armored guys. Great design concept, both sides basically attacking, but the execution kinda misses the mark.