ASLOK in Person Cancelled - VASL Only for 2020

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have made the difficult decision to cancel ASLOK for 2020 as an in person tournament. We will look to do a VASL offering and I hope to have full details soon.

Anyone who pre-registered, I will reach out and determine if you prefer a refund or to roll over registration to 2021.

Apologies to anyone who was planning on attending ASLOK XXXV this year - obviously this was totally unforeseen and we tried very hard to make it happen, but finally hit our tipping point that an in person event this fall was likely not advisable.

Right now I'm imagining a VASL offering that is 2 rounds of minis plus a Grofaz. If that's of interest look for details over the next week...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
We have made the difficult decision to cancel ASLOK for 2020 as an in person tournament. We will look to do a VASL offering and I hope to have full details soon.

Anyone who pre-registered, I will reach out and determine if you prefer a refund or to roll over registration to 2021.

Apologies to anyone who was planning on attending ASLOK XXXV this year - obviously this was totally unforeseen and we tried very hard to make it happen, but finally hit our tipping point that an in person event this fall was likely not advisable.

Right now I'm imagining a VASL offering that is 2 rounds of minis plus a Grofaz. If that's of interest look for details over the next week...
Sometimes hard choices have to be made and alternatives considered. Good luck with your VASL events. Any port in a storm and it appears the storm is upon us.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bret,
Disappointed, but totally agree with and understand the decision. Too many adverse modifiers this year. I'd be up for VASL if that turns out to be doable. Will watch the site for updates. Would also recommend looking at at t-shirt option (ASLOK eTournament?), both to memorialize the event as well as give the 2019 winners their due. I'd be good for my regular stack of shirts. That may be a bit of a logistical burden for the shipping of shirts - maybe print on demand from a supplier and direct shipping to the purchaser? Will look forward to 2021.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I would have liked to see the 35th ASLOK next year but I understand there is a desire to have a VASL tournament. Having enough face-to-face play locally (at least at the moment) I will wait for next year to attend ASLOK. Best of luck to those who will be doing the VASL option.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Please roll over my pre-reg to 2021.

You can also have a Not One Step Back mini-tournament in 2021 (see my other thread).

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I'd like to attend again. Haven't been since the 90s. Hope to meet you next year Scott, along with a lot of other guys on here.

newege

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Disappointed to hear this... I think ASLOK XXXV would have been a good break from the madness of everything else. However it's a no win situation with the doomsday crowd and plenty of us attendees at some sort of risk. If there is some sort of unofficial event I would still attend.

In lieu of that VASLOK is born!!!! Click low...
??

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This would have been my first ASLOK, but making it a VASL thing sounds like something I could also enjoy.

Let me know if I can help.

BD

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
this year continues to suck......... But I 100% agree with the decision......... I would not have attended if it were held............

I will miss seeing everyone more than you can know!

Peace

Roger

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Another VASL tourny? Sign me up please. Five so far this year..............