ASLOK Hotel

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Screaming Eagles, Leathernecks, PPSh toting Soviets, Aussies in New Guinea, etc. were about 18-25 y. o.
And they were not out for fun.
Your ideal of a hotel seems to match a building under Russian bombardment in Aleppo.
Who said anything about Aussies in New Guinea (though they were certainly there as well)? There were US forces fighting there '42-44. My father could have certainly attested to that.:nod:

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Who said anything about Aussies in New Guinea (though they were certainly there as well)? There were US forces fighting there '42-44. My father could have certainly attested to that.:nod:
"As well" ?????? The Aussies were there FIRST - it's the Americans who were there "as well" :)

We do say thanks for defending Darwin while our Kittyhawks were defending Port Moresby and Milne Bay in New Guinea.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will be sad not to be at ASLOk this year, but the more I hear, the more sure I am I made the right decision. I will see you all next year (and perhaps at Albany if you are there). -- jim
Work life got in the way of me attending ASLOK this year. This is the first ASLOK I've missed in 15 years. While I would still love to be there perhaps this is a good year to miss. I'll see you at Albany Jim.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am sure that counter clippings could be saved up to produce this "cat litter":)
I can see an opening in the market there. (Have a chat with Oli, I am sure he has more than enough clippings to do a roaring trade);)

skippen

Reaction score
First name
Scott
Country
llUnited States
Wow, is the hotel at least apologetic? There is a contract in place with some expected services.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the bar on the 6th floor game area open? Do the two TV's work so we can watch football?

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, is the hotel at least apologetic? There is a contract in place with some expected services.
My experience dealing with Hotels as a TD is that you are pretty much helpless. It's not like we use the best venues. I could use a Hilton or a Marriot and have more accountability, but the gamerooms will cost up to a 1000 per day and room rates are 150-200. I'm sure attendance would suffer. I'm willing to live with less than stellar service to have an affordable venue.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I can see an opening in the market there. (Have a chat with Oli, I am sure he has more than enough clippings to do a roaring trade);)
Alas all my clippings are already spoken for!!!

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My experience dealing with Hotels as a TD is that you are pretty much helpless. It's not like we use the best venues. I could use a Hilton or a Marriot and have more accountability, but the gamerooms will cost up to a 1000 per day and room rates are 150-200. I'm sure attendance would suffer. I'm willing to live with less than stellar service to have an affordable venue.
That was how we looked at it, trying to balance affordability and convenience. Not easy these days.

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My dream is to win the lottery and have an all expenses paid ASL Tournament at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City. One game per day for 7 days featuring large scenarios.
LMAO I've had a similar fantasy about ASLOK!

That and the ASL World Tour.

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My dream is to win the lottery and have an all expenses paid ASL Tournament at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City. One game per day for 7 days featuring large scenarios.

2017 ASL OPEN will be 4 days, one round Thursday, 2 rounds each Friday and Saturday, one round on Sunday. See attached flyer.

David

Attachments

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Yeah sure! Fine! But will they have Coke in machines??
No, but the scantily clad waitress will bring you your coke on a tastefully framed mirror with gold plated razor blade and straw. Oh, not that kind ...