ASLOK Hotel

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
- No Luggage carts? Those Squad Leaders going ashore at Normandy didn't have luggage carts.
- No Coca Cola machines? The Screaming Eagles didn't have Coca Cola machines next to their foxholes at Bastogne.
- Have to go downstairs to use the potty? Well the Leathernecks had to scrape a hole in the jungle, on Guadalcanal, with their e-tools just to "use the facilities."
- Have to line up for chow next to the gaming table? Well at least you don't have to do the "three dip" with your mess kit after eating. Or heat up a C-Rat... Or eat a K-Rat (then the problem just above goes away)
- Construction Dust? Well you're not crawling on your belly through the rubble cradling your PPSh as you grimly approach the next building of Krauts in Stalingrad.
- You have to play on a round table? Better than giving an order to your platoon leaders on the hood of your jeep, in the rain, in New Guinea.
- Registration table in the hallway? You could be trying to get to the TOC in the middle of the night, in the jungle, to get your orders for the next day's attack. In the rain, of course.
- Construction equipment in the way? Well it could be one of those damn tankers trying to squish you in your sleeping bag, again, two nights in a row. (actually almost happened to me , twice!)
- Cleveland? Hell, a vacation spot, it could be Stalingrad, December 1942... and you're German!

It's just another way to look at inconvenience. ;)

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Lighten up Maynard.
- No Luggage carts? Those Squad Leaders going ashore at Normandy didn't have luggage carts.
- No Coca Cola machines? The Screaming Eagles didn't have Coca Cola machines next to their foxholes at Bastogne.
- Have to go downstairs to use the potty? Well the Leathernecks had to scrape a hole in the jungle, on Guadalcanal, with their e-tools just to "use the facilities."
- Have to line up for chow next to the gaming table? Well at least you don't have to do the "three dip" with your mess kit after eating. Or heat up a C-Rat... Or eat a K-Rat (then the problem just above goes away)
- Construction Dust? Well you're not crawling on your belly through the rubble cradling your PPSh as you grimly approach the next building of Krauts in Stalingrad.
- You have to play on a round table? Better than giving an order to your platoon leaders on the hood of your jeep, in the rain, in New Guinea.
- Registration table in the hallway? You could be trying to get to the TOC in the middle of the night, in the jungle, to get your orders for the next day's attack. In the rain, of course.
- Construction equipment in the way? Well it could be one of those damn tankers trying to squish you in your sleeping bag, again, two nights in a row. (actually almost happened to me , twice!)
- Cleveland? Hell, a vacation spot, it could be Stalingrad, December 1942... and you're German!

Agree with you 100%,

armchair generals love to talk & play 'war' but the slightest inconvenience and they are out of action and moaning like a new recruit after a 20 miles yomp!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

Screaming Eagles, Leathernecks, PPSh toting Soviets, Aussies in New Guinea, etc. were about 18-25 y. o.
And they were not out for fun.
Your ideal of a hotel seems to match a building under Russian bombardment in Aleppo.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Also take into account the amount of miles they will be having to do travelling from the table to the toilets! a veritable health farm I feel.:p

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
put a few port-a-john's on the elevator lobby and Brett can pick up a few cases of Coke at Costco and offer for sale - problem solved!

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Also take into account the amount of miles they will be having to do travelling from the table to the toilets! a veritable health farm I feel.:p
This will defiantly help with the fact I will not be talking my daily walk while at ASLOK. I am thinking of tracking the number of times I go up and down the stairs.

Peace

Roger

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
put a few port-a-john's on the elevator lobby and Brett can pick up a few cases of Coke at Costco and offer for sale - problem solved!
Now that is what I like to see, Initiative in the face of adversity and a 'can do' attitude, perfect.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Stock up on 'polyphenols' and you'll have all the energy you'll need to play into the wee hours of the morning. ;)

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm just curious how the round resource verses rectangle requirement is working with the tables - its crowded anyway - sounds like this will be really crowded.

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a nice YETI cooler with wheels on it, won't be at ASLOK but some capitalist stooge player should be able to smuggle one like mine into the gaming area and sell sell sell.:captainobvious: