ASLOK Feedback - How much does an airport shuttle matter?

Would not having a free airport shuttle impact your decision to attend ASLOK?

• Not at all, I always drive anyway.

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • It's not ideal, but given the cost to attend an extra $75 each way isn't a showstopper.

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • It's not ideal, but as long as I can ride share with 1 or more people it is not that big a deal.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • It is a huge deal and I likely won't attend now.

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Aurora, very interesting (German accent mandatory). After the first ASLOK, the floating ASL tournament was advancing northwest (I have Youngstown and the earlier sites in mind) and now we are retreating southeast. One day we might even be back in Youngstown (or what's left of it).

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No shuttle will be a burden for our overseas and West Coast attendees. Good luck with your search! I agree is that the former location is way too run down.
The adjacent Mexican restaurant however, was good.
There are two mexican restaurants close by the new venue. The El Camino is 3 minutes down the road.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It appears we're finally going to get everything finalized shortly. I just submitted a signed contract from my end to a new hotel. Presumably the hotel will sign things Monday and I will publish all the details. But the dates should be solidified as our expected 10/1 thru 10/8 for the Sunday to Sunday dates with of course early arrivers coming in on 9/29 and 9/30.

Apologies for the delays - finding a new venue was more challenging than I'd hoped, but I'm excited about the new hotel and space and think it will be well received. And once we were close with this hotel, it just took longer to dot the Is and cross the Ts than I had hoped...
Great!!! First it looked as if I would not attend in 2023 but now there is a chance!
And the distance was reduced as well. Looking forward to the updates when available! Good job Bret!

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
That's what I keep telling myself!
You create your own ASL reality.

Seriously go if just for a day. I posted somewhere to a new player from Pittsburgh that he is only about two hours away and the journey is well worth it. Maybe you two could get together for a game.😉🤗