ASLOK 2017, too early for woofing?

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
My understanding is there are fridges in all the rooms. If you go to the hotel web site under rooms it says "mini-fridge" right there: http://www.fourpointsclevelandairport.com/en/rooms/traditional-queen

The hotel is all non-smoking so there is no burning wreck room and as the "hospitality suite" was not really used for anything beyond smoking in recent years and that was outlawed in the hotel, we traded the "suite" for other concessions so there is no suite. Actually the hotel has no suites on the 5th floor anymore, but was turning 2 guest rooms into the "suite" last year.

Understand about losing the breakfast - unfortunately the choice was either pay more for the room to get 1 "free" breakfast per room or have us pay for breakfast on our own. I chose to negotiate for the lower room rate and the discount on food at the hotel restaurant as that resulted in a lower overall cost and gave everyone the option of eating where they chose. The alternative was a "free" breakfast that actually cost more due to a higher room rate...
Well then you did a good job as 20% food discount and a cheaper room rate will save money in the long run. The free breakfast was not worth a higher room rate.

Peace

Roger

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASLOK annual welcome picnic will be Sunday October 1st from 4PM til whenever....all are welcome....Diane will greatly appreciate Vinnie bringing his wife as she too is married to a scotsman....

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ASLOK annual welcome picnic will be Sunday October 1st from 4PM til whenever....all are welcome....Diane will greatly appreciate Vinnie bringing his wife as she too is married to a scotsman....
In which case her husband will be grumpy about feeding yet another person!

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Already on the shelf, Skane for all who dare!!! The only thing buried in the back yard are the bodies........

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I guess the Front Desk operator was telling me the truth when I asked; "Are there refrigerators in the rooms?" and he responded "No".
According to many of the responses I have received they do not have refrigerators--but they DO have "mini-fridges".
That's different!
In this case I am just glad this was resolved. Now I can plan on what type of breakfast (healthier options now come to mind) I can have each morning.
AND--most importantly--I can keep my beer cold.
See you guys there in nine days!

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just HAD to call the hotel again today (4:45pm CST) about the mini-fridge.
The answer...
YES!!!
So, whoever works night shift does not know the difference between a refrigerator and a MINI-refrigerator! :mad:
So, at least NOW i have my definitive answer.
"Hey cold beer here!" :cool::D

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just wanted to let people know that we will be attending ASLOK again this year. Since we will be driving, we are planning to bring more inventory than normal. We will be there Wednesday till Saturday. If you want to place an order before ASLOK and pick it up at the event, go ahead and place the order on our website and note that you want to pickup at ASLOK. We will refund back any shipping charges. All pickup orders need to be placed by October 1, 2017 so that we have time to get things packed. See you in a couple weeks!

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Just wanted to let people know that we will be attending ASLOK again this year. Since we will be driving, we are planning to bring more inventory than normal. We will be there Wednesday till Saturday. If you want to place an order before ASLOK and pick it up at the event, go ahead and place the order on our website and note that you want to pickup at ASLOK. We will refund back any shipping charges. All pickup orders need to be placed by October 1, 2017 so that we have time to get things packed. See you in a couple weeks!
Will you honor my recent Gamers Armory prize certificate from the Atlanta tourney at ASLOK? I do not see myself getting down to Cary in the near future.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Hope we get a game in this year, Ray ?
It's probably about time. Hennie and I are doing (at least at the moment) a KGP IV short campaign game but we should be done by Monday so a U.S. World match vs. you is possible. Look forward to seeing everybody once again.