ASLOK 2017, too early for woofing?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The weather varies a lot. One year it will be, say, 10°C and rainy and another 25°C and sunny. I've gone through snow in the Appalachians on the way home (sonot sticking on the ground snow, but falling snow none-the-less), and I've worn shorts on the trip out. Highs average around 15°C. It usually isn't humid that time of year unless it is raining. My usual packing: light jacket, perhaps bring a pullover. You probably aren't going to go out of the hotel much anyway.

JR
So summer (for me) temperatures! Sounds good.
Given my wife will be coming too, i suspect i will be spending more time outside than most.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vinnie,
If you are coming in early to ASLOK, for the whole week, and you are bringing your wife, try to come to the Sunday picnic (held annually on the first Sunday from 2PM til ???)
Your wife could meet Diane who will be an excellent source for interesting things to do and see while in Cleveland outside of watching ASL games all week. The picnic is a social event designed to let players get to know one another outside of the ASL sphere of influence. Hope to see you there.
Dave

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Vinnie,
If you are coming in early to ASLOK, for the whole week, and you are bringing your wife, try to come to the Sunday picnic (held annually on the first Sunday from 2PM til ???)
Your wife could meet Diane who will be an excellent source for interesting things to do and see while in Cleveland outside of watching ASL games all week. The picnic is a social event designed to let players get to know one another outside of the ASL sphere of influence.
And the opportunity to possibility try some "Skåne".... :D:D

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
I'll be arriving Sunday evening. My first ASLOK and (I'm guessing) I'll be the first Irishman to attend ASLOK :) Flights and hotel booked.

If anyone's up for some casual play on Monday & Tuesday, PM me. Especially early war, tin can, large actions.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doug,
Would have also tried to make the Bitter Ender, but as fate would have it....you scheduled it the week before Jazz Fest in New Orleans...and I haven't missed the Fest in over 25 years!!! But hell, say hello to everyone that is attending for me, (and make sure Dober is paid up!!!!)
Sounds like a great excuse for an extended road trip to me. NOLA via NC :)

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
I'll be arriving Sunday evening. My first ASLOK and (I'm guessing) I'll be the first Irishman to attend ASLOK :) Flights and hotel booked.

If anyone's up for some casual play on Monday & Tuesday, PM me. Especially early war, tin can, large actions.
I'm in, Eoin. after all those PBeM games, it'll be great meet face to face. Choose a scenario, I'll make sure I have the counter mix ready

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
I'm in, Eoin. after all those PBeM games, it'll be great meet face to face. Choose a scenario, I'll make sure I have the counter mix ready
Hi Pete, awesome - I'll pm you with a few suggestions :)

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Vinnie,
Your wife could meet Diane who will be an excellent source for interesting things to do and see while in Cleveland outside of watching ASL games all week. The picnic is a social event designed to let players get to know one another outside of the ASL sphere of influence. Hope to see you there.
Dave
I believe Susan booked the flight times with this in mind! Really looking forwards to all this.
I may play less than many as the chance to see around the area is too great. I particularly want to see the great lakes, just to see a nontidal expanse of water.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

This is great news! I look forwards to meeting you too!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We leave the UK on the 30th and it's about 13 hours. No idea what state I'll be in! Hopefully Ohio.