ASLOK 2017, too early for woofing?

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm back, baby! After a hiatus in 2016, I booked my travel to ASLOK for 2017! It feels good. Really, really good. All who play me are almost guaranteed to win. The USA will have no hope for the World Cup this year. Every year I've attended we lost. I've had a lot to do with that.....

Flights are booked, hotel reserved, and pre-registration is complete.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know has the hotel remodeling been fully completed?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's never too early for ASLOK woofing.

But caring about the hotel? You come to ASLOK to play, not to sit in your hotel room. The only thing important is to have a chair and a table to setup the scenario. All the rest is luxury :)
I'm kinda hoping for a bed to be honest. My play deteriorates after 76 hours straight.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
All US events take place in comfortable mid-range hotels which offer optimal playing conditions. It explains (partially) why US events have stronger attendence than British and European ones. It reflects the assessment US TDs draw from their regional player base and their expectations.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am with Hennie as to what it really takes to be an ASL fanatic. However, I can personally assure you all that the hotel renovations are completely done including a new restaurant called the HUB. It seems that the hotel will be better than ever and I am sure that Bret has the staff wrapped around his fingers. No slur intended on our European TDs as not having been to a tourney there so I am not qualified to comment; but, the TDs at the many US tourneys I have been to over the years are an outstanding group who go above and beyond the call of duty in making our experiences as comfortable and entertaining as humanly possible. Kudos to all TDs. Past and present.

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
I am pleased to hear that the renovations are all done...I really missed ASLOK last year and this year's visit is doctor prescribed. Possibly my last ASLOK for while as well (at least until XXXV and XL)

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am with Hennie as to what it really takes to be an ASL fanatic. However, I can personally assure you all that the hotel renovations are completely done including a new restaurant called the HUB. It seems that the hotel will be better than ever and I am sure that Bret has the staff wrapped around his fingers. No slur intended on our European TDs as not having been to a tourney there so I am not qualified to comment; but, the TDs at the many US tourneys I have been to over the years are an outstanding group who go above and beyond the call of duty in making our experiences as comfortable and entertaining as humanly possible. Kudos to all TDs. Past and present.
I see you at all the tournaments except the Bitter Ender Dave. When are you going to come to Raleigh and play at our tournament? You condo in Myrtle is only 3 hours away....

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
It's never too early for ASLOK woofing.

But caring about the hotel? You come to ASLOK to play, not to sit in your hotel room. The only thing important is to have a chair and a table to setup the scenario. All the rest is luxury :)
Too bad there is no such accommodations in Arnhem. <HINT HINT WHINGING BEG> -- jim

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I am with Hennie as to what it really takes to be an ASL fanatic. However, I can personally assure you all that the hotel renovations are completely done including a new restaurant called the HUB. It seems that the hotel will be better than ever and I am sure that Bret has the staff wrapped around his fingers.
Thanks Dave for having rolled a recon DR. :) Good to hear that everything will be back to normalcy.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doug,
Would have also tried to make the Bitter Ender, but as fate would have it....you scheduled it the week before Jazz Fest in New Orleans...and I haven't missed the Fest in over 25 years!!! But hell, say hello to everyone that is attending for me, (and make sure Dober is paid up!!!!)

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
How hot is it likely to be?
We have summer temperatures which reach up to the low twenties 22 being considered hot. Should i pack extra cologne? Is Cleveland humid?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll be there on Saturday September 30. Anyone up for helping me test a monster scenario for MMP? It's French vs Germans and it is fun!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
How hot is it likely to be?
We have summer temperatures which reach up to the low twenties 22 being considered hot. Should i pack extra cologne? Is Cleveland humid?
The weather varies a lot. One year it will be, say, 10°C and rainy and another 25°C and sunny. I've gone through snow in the Appalachians on the way home (not sticking on the ground snow, but falling snow none-the-less), and I've worn shorts on the trip out. Highs average around 15°C. It usually isn't humid that time of year unless it is raining. My usual packing: light jacket, perhaps bring a pullover. You probably aren't going to go out of the hotel much anyway.

JR