ASLOK 2012 World Cup Matches

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Attention US players below.

I am interested in prearranging some games for 29 Sep - 2 Oct in advance.

I intend to play a maximum of two games per day. If you are arriving early and would like to prearrange a game, just drop me a PM/email indicating your interest and preferred time slot. (You can also recommend 2-3 scenarios to save time, if you like.)

I have taken these names from the ASLOK pre-reg list based on arrival times indicated, etc. I have played the last six gents before, but am happy to arrange a rematch, even with the Grofaz pair on the list. :)

US Players:
Jeff Waldon
Jamey Cribbs
Bob Callen
Will Willow
Michael Rhodes
Kevin Killeen
Darrell Wright
Ryan Schultz
Bill Owen
Anthony Flanagan
Pierce Mason
Raymond Vincent
Hugh Downing

Jim Bishop
Ray Woloszyn
Ken Mioduski
Stan Jackson
Gary Fortenberry
Mark Pitcavage

Sat 29 Sep AM: 0900 Stan da Man
Sat 29 Sep PM
Sun 30 Sep AM
Sun 30 Sep PM
Mon 1 Oct AM: ~0900 Kevin Killeen
Mon 1 Oct AM
Tues 2 Oct AM: Jamey Cribbs (SP204 Yankee Pride)
Tues 2 Oct PM: Will Willow (AP4 l'Abbaye Blanche)

AM ~ 0900-1400 (I would like to break for lunch no later than 1400, but can resume afterward, if we have arranged a largeish [EX: FB] scenario in advance. I am also flexible re start time.)
PM ~ 1500-2100 (I would like to start the evening game no later than 1600, but would like to wrap up no later than 2200.)

Last edited:

ironmike1944

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Attention US players below.

I am interested in prearranging some games for 29 Sep - 2 Oct in advance.

I intend to play a maximum of two games per day. If you are arriving early and would like to prearrange a game, just drop me a PM/email indicating your interest and preferred time slot. (You can also recommend 2-3 scenarios to save time, if you like.)

I have taken these names from the ASLOK pre-reg list based on arrival times indicated, etc. I have played the last six gents before, but am happy to arrange a rematch, even with the Grofaz pair on the list. :)

US Players:
Jeff Waldon
Jamey Cribbs
Bob Callen
Will Willow
Michael Rhodes
Kevin Killeen
Darrell Wright
Ryan Schultz
Bill Owen
Anthony Flanagan
Pierce Mason
Raymond Vincent
Hugh Downing

Jim Bishop
Ray Woloszyn
Ken Mioduski
Stan Jackson
Gary Fortenberry
Mark Pitcavage

Sat 29 Sep AM
Sat 29 Sep PM
Sun 30 Sep AM
Sun 30 Sep PM
Mon 1 Oct AM
Mon 1 Oct AM
Tues 2 Oct AM
Tues 2 Oct PM

AM ~ 0900-1400 (I would like to break for lunch no later than 1400, but can resume afterward, if we have arranged a largeish [EX: FB] scenario in advance. I am also flexible re start time.)
PM ~ 1500-2100 (I would like to start the evening game no later than 1600, but would like to wrap up no later than 2200.)
I'll be your Huckleberry! :nofear:

Alan Wayne Saltzmann
First Sergeant (E-8)
82nd Airborne Division
Retired

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
Hey Chris, this is Willow and I will take the Tuesday afternoon October 2 time slot if it is still open. Let me know what you are interested in playing.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey Chris, this is Willow and I will take the Tuesday afternoon October 2 time slot if it is still open. Let me know what you are interested in playing.
You're on Will! :thumup:

Pick a scenario and let me know which side I have. You can roll for sides or just pick one.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Chris

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'll be your Huckleberry! :nofear:

Alan Wayne Saltzmann
First Sergeant (E-8)
82nd Airborne Division
Retired
Come on Alan, I'm trying to give the US Team a break here. :D

Sure, pick a time and date Easy-8. Tuesday afternoon is booked.

Got a scenario or three in mind?

Chris

jameycribbs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris, I'll take the Tuesday AM slot if it is still available. Will and I are playing, I believe, on Sunday so we will have beaten each other to a bloody pulp before we play you on Tuesday! :)

Jamey

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Chris, I'll take the Tuesday AM slot if it is still available. Will and I are playing, I believe, on Sunday so we will have beaten each other to a bloody pulp before we play you on Tuesday! :)

Jamey
Tuesday AM it is! Looking forward to it.

If you have two or three scenarios in mind, let me know and we can decide upon one in advance. Not fussed on sides, but you can roll if you like.

Cheers,

Chris

tallin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll take Monday morning around @9am. And no, I don't have a scenario in mind at this moment.

Kevin

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I will let you know by monday.
Thanks Will,

AP4 l'Abbaye Blanche it is!

And as per your request, you have the hippie gang. My SS will crash the party at 1500 German time, which is to say, when they damn well please. :)

See you Monday afternoon!

Chris

aloha_brian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Chris,
I'll be arriving Saturday evening. Do you want to play a Sunday morning game? I'd be interested in anything from Crucible of Steel or Festung Budapest, or other suggestions.
Brian Wiersma

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Chris,
I'll be arriving Saturday evening. Do you want to play a Sunday morning game? I'd be interested in anything from Crucible of Steel or Festung Budapest, or other suggestions.
Brian Wiersma
Sorry I missed seeing this post Brian. Like I said at ASLOK, I last checked my hotmail account early Thursday morning and spent the rest of the day packing. Helen and I were on the road to Cleveland at zero-dark-thirty Friday morning. I did, however, manage to get an entertaining game in with your confrère Paul. Perhaps I will face you at CASLO, in Montreal, next May.

Chris

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sat 29 Sep AM: 0900 Stan da Man Jackson (ESG's Defending Norwegian Wood)
Sat 29 Sep PM
Sun 30 Sep AM Mike Faulkner (FT43 Infantry Probe at Argentan)
Sun 30 Sep PM
Mon 1 Oct AM: ~0900 Kevin Killeen (FT179 Landstorm over Arnhem)
Mon 1 Oct PM Paul Chamberland (J155 Mageret Mixer)
Tues 2 Oct AM: Jamey Cribbs (SP204 Yankee Pride)
Tues 2 Oct PM: Will Willow (AP4 l'Abbaye Blanche)

Thanks again to Stan Jackson, Kevin Killeen, Jamey Cribbs, and Will Willow for prearranging games with me. I am also grateful to Mike Faulkner and Paul Chamberland, both of whom kindly offered to fill an open spot in my gaming timetable.

Stan still owns me despite my avoidance of PTO scenarios. I played my first ESG scenario, Defending Norwegian Wood, with Stan. Interesting little number. I picked up the rest of the ESG catalogue later in the week from the congenial Eric Safran, who as it happened, is the designer of DFN.

Mike of Schwerpnkt fame allowed to me to play FT43 Infantry Probe at Argentan. It had been on my play list for years. The practice didn't help me, and I still lost the scenario to Richard King in the LFT Mini later that week. :(

Cleveland foodie Kevin gratiously consented to another LFT action from the new FTC7 pack: FT179 Landstorm over Arnhem. Kevin was certainly a pleasure to play. However, it was his local knowledge of Cleveland's eateries that left an impression on me. I will be sure to consult with Kevin on my next trip to Cleveland.

Paul, a fellow Canadian (residing in NY), gave me another close game. It was an exciting, new Pete Shelling scenario due out in J10 called Mageret Mixer, IIRC. Like our last match (Obian Highway, from Crucible of Steel), Paul made the game close enough that I had illusions of winning it at several points. Always a pleasure to play Paul.

Jamey and I had a lot of fun with Yankee Pride from last year's Schwerpunkt pack. The game went down to the last turn and CCPh. Exciting stuff.

Will suggested we play an old Bill Sisler design. I had never played l'Abbaye Blanche, and Will was keen to prepare a diabolical defence in advance. Unfortunately, my SS sidestepped much of his deviousness. Will didn't help his cause by rolling high much of the game. The scenario is a unique design in that all Ami SMC have 1FP, and the entire US OB sets up HIP at start. What made the game particularly memorable was the fact that I was finally introduced to Bill Sisler later that week. Thanks again for the game Will.

It is funny how things work out. The first game that I played happened to be the first scenario that caught my eye on Stan's play list. At the time, I didn't notice the name of the designer, but was intrigued to play my first ESG design. Meeting the designer later in the week was certainly serendipitous. The last scenario that I played in World Cup play had been decided upon in advance. I never expected to be speaking with Bill Sisler a few days after playing it. Bill was wearing the latest ASLOK Tee, a French-blue shirt sporting a Somua tank. For those not in the know, Bill Sisler is artist responsible for the artwork that has graced ASLOK Tees for years. I should have taken a picture of Bill wearing his latest design. Damn!

As for my World Cup record, I neither helped nor hindered the World team to their tenth straight win. I was 3-3 for the Cup. :)

Chris