ASLComp Breakout from Borisov anybody buy this?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

If someone has ASLComp Breakout from Borisov what are your impressions and does anybody have pics of this product? Ideally I would like to get a look at the scenarios.

thanks

WallysWrld

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Scenarios (per Noble Knight):
Borisov 1 Content = 8 Scenarios BOR #1-8
[Back to the Guns/Hurry Heinz, Peat Bog Defense/Roadblocks, One Yard Short/
Borisov 1&2 Rules, Press Gang/Turn and Fight, ... and In the Shadow of Napoleon (Card a & b)]
Borisov 2 Content = 8 Scenarios BOR #9-16
[Hill 185.5/Pontoon Panic, Bear Swipe/Backwaters of War, Meeting Engagement/Ten to One Odds, Point 65.5/Operation Kormoron, ... and In the Shadow of Napoleon (Card c)]

Maps:
[Description = "8 scenarios and 4 large semi-geo maps that create an overall play area of about 24" × 36"]
Map "Bor1" (features river/bridges) and Map "Bor2" (features hills, some river) are created with overlapping sub-map pcs.
The Scenarios appear to use portions of Map "Bor1" or "Bor2"
However, Content List and Photos show
6 sub-map pcs that overlap (about 1 hex overlap horizontal& vertical), each pc = 13 x 23 hexes, estimated hex size = 23-24mm @flats
Counter Sheet: 1 x Red Russian AFVs/Guns [176 5/8" counters], not certain if BOR1 and BOR2 have different sheets, maybe?
Note: "Monster" Version Maps = 12 pcs (about 3 hex overlap), each pc = 10 x 18 hexes, estimated hex size = 30-31mm @flats

Photos from Noble Knight:

Last edited:

WallysWrld

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
RE: Red countersheet
Its my understanding the Red countersheet is a promotional extra (i.e. not required for the subject products).
When first released, BOR1 & 2 description indicated: "Order during weekend of 15-18 January 2021 and you ALSO receive a publisher's special sheet of color-die-cut counters with an Eastern Front flavor." Thus, depending on when the product is purchased, I would assume the product(s) may (or may not) have a countersheet ... or ... it may (or may not) be the same as the photo. Suggest verify the contents with the seller first if there is some doubt, since the Noble Knight photos tend to be stock photos for example.

Description also indicates:
BOR1 is required to play BOR2. (its my understanding this is because BOR1&2 special rules are in BOR1 (back of one of the BOR1 scenario cards).

Personally, I am intrigued with the BOR1 map:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
It does look interesting but the Red counters are a huge turn off for me.
Are they meant to represent Guards, as the black German represent SS?
A question of personal tastes, I would say.

The maps have strange brown triangles: do you think that they represent slopes?
I find that rendering ugly.