ASL204 - Human Bullets Q

burniefox

Doomsower
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

So the VC state, in part: "...vehicles may only exit through hexside 82R3-Q3 (see SSR 6)."

Only, the Q hex row is not in play on board 82 (R-GG), and there is no SSR 6.

Have I just not had enough coffee?

Just something left over from the playtest process?

Didn't see any errata on the MMP website.

What am I missing?

TIA-

Burnie

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
So the VC state, in part: "...vehicles may only exit through hexside 82R3-Q3 (see SSR 6)."

Only, the Q hex row is not in play on board 82 (R-GG), and there is no SSR 6.
"SSR 6" should say "SSR 5".

In order to define a hexside for exiting a map, one of the hexes that define that hexside would have to be on map and the other off map. Otherwise you would not be exiting the map when you crossed the hexside.

JR

burniefox

Doomsower
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"SSR 6" should say "SSR 5".

In order to define a hexside for exiting a map, one of the hexes that define that hexside would have to be on map and the other off map. Otherwise you would not be exiting the map when you crossed the hexside.

JR
Oh that's right! There's something in Chapter W about all off-map roads as still being considered to exist...or something like that. At least in Steep Hills? I dunno, whatever, makes sense now.

Thanks!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Oh that's right! There's something in Chapter W about all off-map roads as still being considered to exist...or something like that. At least in Steep Hills? I dunno, whatever, makes sense now.
W1.1 determines the height of offboard hexes, i.e. it says they are not necessarily level zero. Also per W1.1 only offboard hexes numbered 4 or 7 are considered road hexes, and per W1.3 steep hill rules apply offboard, so one could make the case that Q3 is a steep hill hex that is not a road hex and so can't be entered. Somehow that seems petty. Treat Q3 as a steep hill road hex.

JR

Last edited: