Votes: 8 12.9%
  • The SS are Dirtbags

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you could get print on demand counters I think it would be really cool to have all sorts of infantry and AFVs with divisional symbols on them. I'd love to see Desert Rats or Big Red One symbols. The screaming eagles would look good (much better than the All Americans). I'd like to see what the Soviets could bring to the party too. We're all too caught up with SS.
Eh, I'm not a fan of special unit art on counters unless it actually is important for gameplay (as the SS, USMC, and NKVD insignia are) because otherwise I feel limited in my ability to use the counter in scenarios not featuring those units.

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One would hate to see simple frequency of posting mistaken for expertise on the subject.
Good point. I'm sure you'll agree with me those guys posting here about ASL who don't even play the game really do look kind of pathetic. I understand there are even ones who write whole books on ASL. They probably need professional help.

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Luv the old HOB SS men with the SKULLS and the orange bazerkers too

ya, they are dirt bags but they are the badies after all
I always thought the berzerkers were pink............even better. There were enough for most of the existing nationalities at the time.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Both the (now amalgamated) 17/21st and the Schutz Staffel take this from the Uhlans, correct? As an aside, Uhlans chased JRR Tolkien, giving him the idea of the Black Riders.
But the SS are still dirt bags.
And other white supremacist dogma gave him the history of the Humans in LOTR.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are now tied....

Runes vs. Dirtbags are @ 15 each. Skullz in a distant second...

Wish this was a public poll.

Hey mods, can we make this a public poll after it has been created?

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On the face of it, given a choice at a party, I would probably tend to try and talk to as many female attendees as I could, if they were sufficiently interesting - and they tend not to be very interested in military history. I save those conversations for the internet.

Come to think of it, though, most males have little interest in military history these days either, so it's not something that comes up and nothing I really enjoy talking to uninitiates about. I spent the last party I went to - a friend's birthday party at a pub downtown IIRC - talking to some of his coworkers, mostly about the upcoming civic election, my trip to Europe, their travel experiences, home improvement projects, the football game that was on the television, and various small talk topics which are now lost to memory, probably embarrassing stories about the birthday boy which would have been the common link we all shared. I'm almost positive the Waffen SS never came up.
glad to see you didn't take offense at my comment. It wasn't intended as such. Your comment, out of the blue taking a purely fluff topic and turning into a scholarly treatise reminded me a great deal of a person I happen to love more than life. My wife who never fails to be the life of any party she is at. Never a dull, or light-hearted moment with her. She is intense.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's why Doltst has been regulated to "fluffer" at CH these days.
Well, at least what I do playtest and design for CH! is fun and original, not like MMP designers who rip off wiki for their info. Or playtesters who dont do their jobs like you for example with No Murcey in Burcy, and perhaps a few other subjects. Your obviously not a good MMP playtester that for sure Trev.

Scott

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Or playtesters who dont do their jobs like you for example with No Murcey in Burcy, and perhaps a few other subjects.
Well, there you go. You got me there. We should have played it with the Germans all stacking together so the British artillery could clobber them all and base our estimation of the balance of the scenario on that playing, instead of the game we did play, which was much closer.

Your obviously not a good MMP playtester that for sure Trev.

Scott
I understand you're mad and upset. You wanted there to be a Tiger tank in the scenario.

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That's a totally different implementation.
I remember reading that 17/21 adopted the Deathshead in honour of General Wolfe *, and I may have in my previous post got it backwards and that some Uhlans may have adopted it from the Lancers and the SS adopted it from the Uhlans. So like everything else Canada can be held responsible, I can't wait to be slammed for mentioning General Wolfe.
btw did this thread start No Quarter or was it declared on page 2?

* Cheap and dirty link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17th_Lancers

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember reading that 17/21 adopted the Deathshead in honour of General Wolfe *, and I may have in my previous post got it backwards and that some Uhlans may have adopted it from the Lancers and the SS adopted it from the Uhlans. So like everything else Canada can be held responsible, I can't wait to be slammed for mentioning General Wolfe.
btw did this thread start No Quarter or was it declared on page 2?

* Cheap and dirty link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17th_Lancers
Yeah, but I don't think there's really a stigma about the death's head in general. The SS version can get you into trouble around people who actually know what it is, and that was my point. IMO, the image itself is the problem in this case, not the actual symbol.

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, but I don't think there's really a stigma about the death's head in general. The SS version can get you into trouble around people who actually know what it is, and that was my point. IMO, the image itself is the problem in this case, not the actual symbol.
I don't have a problem with people wearing the "OR GLORY" version, but many people will get any skull symbol confused with the Totenkoepf.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have a problem with people wearing the "OR GLORY" version, but many people will get any skull symbol confused with the Totenkoepf.
Strange. I don't think most people even know what the actual SS skull looks like, let alone that the symbol is called a "death's head" :)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Next time I am at ASLOK and you start crying about the dog of scenario you picked out (Astride Hells Highway), I wont be so nice in letting you start another scenario. Better yet, dont even talk to me at ASLOK.

Scott

It figure's, another low life thread, started by a low life!