Playing as or against the Yanks, total bogey for me

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
The one piece of kit I take to every "away" game is this dice tower.

Jim McLeod made it for me nearly 20 years ago and he called it his low profile "stealth model" due to the narrow tower. It is light weight and because it has no padding the dice sing to you as they rattle down the baffles into the tray. With the tower down it is just a few centimeters tall, which is great for carry on luggage (after explaining to security what it is).

Jim also made a larger padded model with a fold down tower. A work of art and used for all FtF 'home games'.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a McLeod dice tower to, same design but different molding around it, looks like ‘door stop molding’ on mine. I modified a little padded ‘mole skin’ to soften the sound a little. Mine is about 25 years old and a very nice tower, and I’m not a dice tower fan but this is quality stuff.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Plus whenever I use it I’m reminded of the great Jim McLeod. Jim was amongst the finest of players and first time we played was ‘Eye of the Tiger’ in ‘95 at Windycity Open and he hit my tiger tank turret on the side (sitting hull down in the best hex) with a 85mm APCR crit only to have a twelve and shatter on impact for the result. I won by great fortune and he took it without batting an eye, great sport.

Last edited:

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Plus whenever I use it I’m reminded of the great Jim McLeod. Jim was amongst the finest of players and first time we played was ‘Eye of the Tiger’ in ‘95 at Windycity Open and he hit my tiger tank (sitting hull down in the best hex) with a crit only to have a twelve and shatter on impact for the result. I won by great fortune and he took it without batting an eye, great sport.
That was Jim to the core. A gentleman, a sportsman, an artist and always willing to help the less experienced players. His passing was a loss to the hobby and the Canadian ASL scene that is still felt by many to this day.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was Jim to the core. A gentleman, a sportsman, an artist and always willing to help the less experienced players. His passing was a loss to the hobby and the Canadian ASL scene that is still felt by many to this day.
Yes, his gameplay was only surpassed by his sportsmanship, and of course the ASOP , lol.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Same for me, Jim.
I don't see the point of cheating.
Unfortunately, I play too often wrong and when it is in my advantage (e.g. forgetting a DRM) I always hope that my opponent doesn't suppose that I was cheating.
Happily, the errors which disadvantage me are about as numerous...
Exactly correct, what's the point in cheating when all is at stake is your honor? While I always played to win it was more important to be a good sportsman and to overcome the challenges presented by utilizing the rules and tactics to the best of my ability.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Exactly correct, what's the point in cheating when all is at stake is your honor? While I always played to win it was more important to be a good sportsman and to overcome the challenges presented by utilizing the rules and tactics to the best of my ability.
And when tactics fail me (as they usually do in my case), I rely upon pure dumb luck (@#%! Luck).o_O🥃;)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
And when tactics fail me (as they usually do in my case), I rely upon pure dumb luck (@#%! Luck).o_O🥃;)
My last recourse too... when I don't semi consciously make it a major one. 🤪😎

Reactions: Del