ASL Starter Kit Shipping News

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings, all:

The ASL Starter Kit #1 should start shipping Monday, March 15, 2004. All the parts are in. Collation will begin tomorrow. We will be moving this off the preorder list sometime Saturday, so if you know anyone on the fence, now is the time to jump in and take the ASL plunge.

Keith Dalton
MMP Marketing Director

Kurt Stevens

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does Multiman send out emails when preorders ship? Ive never ordered directly from them and was just curious. Im looking forward to getting my hands on the starter kit.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kurt:

I'm not directly involved in the shipping process (but this is something I should know anyway.) :cheeky:

I will find out from the office tomorrow and get back to you.

Kurt Stevens

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Keith. If I find out I'll know what to expect with my rule book and AoO orders as well. :) By the way, do you ever take a break. It seems like you answere everyones questions on all the ASL forums within an hour of them being posted. :) Thanks for keeping us informed.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the compliment, Kurt. I got a full 7 hours' sleep last night and woke up with a too-much-sleep hangover :( .

Priest

Reaction score
Kurt Stevens said:
Does Multiman send out emails when preorders ship? Ive never ordered directly from them and was just curious. Im looking forward to getting my hands on the starter kit.
No I don't believe that you will receive an email, I've ordered 7 of my 9 ASL products direct from MMP and haven't received one yet. Besides with only two guys (Brian and Perry) working on ASL I don't think that they have the time.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kurt,

No, we don't send out emails at this time due to the sheer number. Just talked to Lu Ann about that. We just don't have the manpower, although we may be able to automate this somehow in the future. We had over 1,000 individual preorders from the web site, not counting store orders; that in and of itself would be a full time job.

Keith

hydrou

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
1000 individual orders, this gives the community, what it was longing for as it seems.:cool:

Hams

Reaction score
Country
ll
Just curious to know if anyone knows how the shipping is going? ie first 500 are on the way...

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Shipping is going slowly. Brian is in the Vegas desert. The ladies at the office are moving things as quickly as they can, but Monday was slow going. That's the last report I got.

BTW, you can check out a shot of MMP's booth at GAMA here. That's MMP right hand man and developer Ken Dunn in the photo.