ASL Starter Kit #1, Residual FP

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
Sorry for this silly question, I'm new into ASL. I'm t rying to understand the meaning of "Residual FP" but I can't quite figure it out. Anyone can offer some help please ?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll give it a shot. (no pun intended)

All movement happens "at the same time" in "real life". If two squads move through the same hex (one at a time during the movement phase) then fire at one squad could theoretically affect both squads... (e.g. because they were both moving through the location at the same time).
The games use of residual fire is a way of allowing the defensive fire to affect more than its initial target. If you didn't have residual fire, one could argue that the second, third, fourth, fifth, etc squad to move through the hex was getting an undeserved "free" ride.

Does that make any sense? :crosseye:

Sam (And it's not a silly question.)

asler

Reaction score
JG53_Jaguar said:
Sorry for this silly question, I'm new into ASL. I'm t rying to understand the meaning of "Residual FP" but I can't quite figure it out. Anyone can offer some help please ?

Just to reinforce what Sam said - it isn't a silly question. Are you trying to figure out what it represents in the game (which I think Sam addressed) or how it is actually played in terms of game mechanics?

Chris

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
Thanks SamB for your explanation, I understand now what it means in ASL terms!

Now I can start reading rules on how to use "Residual FP" in ASL.