ASL/SK ATR/MG To Hit inconsistency?

Hemaelstrom

Reaction score
Country
llCongo
I am unable to reconcile an apparent small difference in the To Hit tables of ASL and SK. The former has a footnote indicated by a red spot which reads "ATR/MG counters use Black TH# unless captured", whereas SK has a footnote indicated by "@" that mandates the use of red TH# also in the case of "Inexperienced use". I cannot find any ASL rule that corresponds to this - is this a special SK-only rule that has a reason behind it? Or is there something in ASL that I have overlooked (again...)?
Thanks for any insights!

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
A21.13 talks about the penalties for non-qualified friendlies. Is that what you’re looking for?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
A21.13 is about Non-Qualified Use (non crew using a crewed weapon or captured but qualified, doubled for non qualified captured use), not Inexperienced usage. Ditto C5.8, Case H.

I have spent an hour or so looking up the RB and the divider charts. I can't find any requirement to use Red TH when used by Inexperienced units as opposed to Non-Qualified and/or Captured use. So the ASL RB and ASLSK RB seem to be out of step in this regard.

Hemaelstrom

Reaction score
Country
llCongo
Thanks Paul. It sounds like you and I had a similar time searching for this. It seems a rather specific inclusion to make in SK, so i wonder if there might be a reason for it.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I believe it is just a typo instead of an intentional difference. I pulled out some of my ASLSK charts and even in the same product SKEP1 they correctly say Captured/NonQualified in one box and Captured/Inexperienced in the other.

At one point the RED TO HIT NUMBERS box also used to say Inexperienced use.

Attachments

Hemaelstrom

Reaction score
Country
llCongo
Case closed. Thanks to all for putting my mind at ease. The proofing of the next SK installment is obviously in very good hands!