ASL SCANDINAVIAN OPEN 2021 – IN AUGUST

Del

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Have anyone heard any news about the Swedish-Danish border? Will it be possible with‚ or without, vaccination?

(I realize this is a stupid question since you guys probably don't know more than anybode else, but maybe someone knows something)
Sorry, no info here. Currently not even Danes who own summerhouses in Sweden are allowed into Sweden, but by June I hope the situation will be very different.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Have anyone heard any news about the Swedish-Danish border? Will it be possible with‚ or without, vaccination?

(I realize this is a stupid question since you guys probably don't know more than anybode else, but maybe someone knows something)
anybody’s guess right now. On the positive side, Denmark is pushing relatively hard for the introduction of a ”Covid-Passport”. Assuming this happens and Sweden issues such passports as well, chances should be good for vaccinated Swedes.

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark

We can sneak you across Öresund on fishing boats. No one will be the wiser. We can't have an ASO without Andreas Carlsson and Trojan Games.

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
We can sneak you across Öresund on fishing boats. No one will be the wiser. We can't have an ASO without Andreas Carlsson and Trojan Games.
Since the new location is close to the water, I was thinking about a boat plan.... hmmm.....

Do you have a plan B if borders are closed?

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Not yet - we will have to find one :)
THE GOOD SWEDES ARE COMING!!! The bad Swedes have to wait 🤪🤪🤪.

(As both of our sons live in Denmark my wife keeps better track than me)

If you live in Skåne, Blekinge, Halland and Västra Götaland you may travel to Denmark without having any special reason if you can show a Covid Test newer than 24 hours old. You must be ”folkbokförd” in these counties. You can for example take the test in the drop-in pharmacy in Ica Maxi in Råå or on Berga (SEK 650).

I would personally not do this right now just for ASL, but more daring persons like Carlsson could do so.

please note that we have not tried this in practice (yet), nor are we lawyers...

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Living in southern Finland is probably not good enough excuse...

bergwall

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
If Västra Götaland is ok then Göteborg and Borås is👍
Foreigners who are habitually resident in border region (Schleswig-Holstein, southern Sweden (the provinces of Blekinge and Scania) and western Sweden (the provinces of Halland and West Gothia)) and have a worthy purpose of entry are required to present a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before entry.

Would ASO qualify for ”worthy purpose of entry”?

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Foreigners who are habitually resident in border region (Schleswig-Holstein, southern Sweden (the provinces of Blekinge and Scania) and western Sweden (the provinces of Halland and West Gothia)) and have a worthy purpose of entry are required to present a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before entry.

Would ASO qualify for ”worthy purpose of entry”?
Probably not😢😢😢.

you need to dig deeper into the text to find the right section:

Hvis du rejser uden et anerkendelsesværdigt formål, skal du kunne vise et testcertifikat for en negativ COVID-19-test, der er taget maksimalt 24 timer før indrejsen.
Hvis du fx blev testet tirsdag kl. 16.00, skal du nå at have testresultatet, den udfyldte attest og rejse ind i Danmark senest onsdag kl. 16.00. Efter onsdag kl. 16.00 vil dit testresultat ikke kunne bruges til indrejse i Danmark.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
We are exploring options.
I realize that you cannot delay forever, but August-October are so far ASL tournament free with the exception of Helsinki in August. Grenadier is in November this year, and who knows if Europeans can travel to ASLOK in October (if it takes place).

I keep my fingers crossed that there will be some kind of ASO this year 🤩🤩🤩.

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
ASO 2021 POSTPONED UNTIL AUGUST
Due to the uncertainties relating to the Covid-19 situation we have opted to postpone ASO 2021 once again. We have settled on the second weekend of August and we WILL run a face-to-face event. We have an understanding with Danhostel Ishøj and will provide additional guidance, when time permits.

The dates for ASO 2021 will be AUGUST 13-15. With optional friendly gaming and early arrivals on AUGUST 12th.

There will be no further postponements.

Once again, we would like to hear from those interested in participating. Due to the special circumstances this year we need to do more planning.

Same info and the Scenario list has been added to OP.

Bo and Michael /ASO
bo.siemsen@gmail.com
hastrupleth@gmail.com

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Due to the uncertainties relating to the Covid-19 situation we have opted to postpone ASO 2021 once again. We have settled on the second weekend of August and we WILL run a face-to-face event. We have an understanding with Danhostel Ishøj and will provide additional guidance, when time permits.

The dates for ASO 2021 will be AUGUST 13-15. With optional friendly gaming and early arrivals on AUGUST 12th.

Once again, we would like to hear from those interested in participating. Due to the special circumstances this year we need to do more planning.

Bo and Michael /ASO
bo.siemsen@gmail.com
hastrupleth@gmail.com
Good luck to you!

Del

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark

Updated in the calendar! I’ll be there!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

Bo and Michael /ASO
bo.siemsen@gmail.com
hastrupleth@gmail.com
I believe one of the greatest contributions any player can make to the hobby is to run an event. It's importantance cannot be overstated. Not only is it good for the community be it's a remarkable opportunity for the TD to improve his game.

Good luck and good health to you guys and all those who attend!😊

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden

Thanks for the update and thanks for the postponement. It is of course impossible to know what the situation will be in August 2021, but time is on our side !!!!

bergwall

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Good choice - the vaccine seems to take some time.
New date works fine for me.
Plan for the early arrival this time.
However need to sync with my co-travellers.