ASL SCANDINAVIAN OPEN 2021 – IN AUGUST

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I will participate providing that I have received the vaccine.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
ASO 2021 POSTPONED UNTIL AUGUST
Due to the uncertainties relating to the Covid-19 situation we have opted to postpone ASO 2021 once again. We have settled on the second weekend of August and we WILL run a face-to-face event. We have an understanding with Danhostel Ishøj and will provide additional guidance, when time permits.

The dates for ASO 2021 will be AUGUST 13-15. With optional friendly gaming and early arrivals on AUGUST 12th.

There will be no further postponements.

Once again, we would like to hear from those interested in participating. Due to the special circumstances this year we need to do more planning.

Same info and the Scenario list has been added to OP.

Bo and Michael /ASO
bo.siemsen@gmail.com
hastrupleth@gmail.com
Yes, this is the sensible thing to do - too many variable for the date in June to be a Success.

Unfortunate side effect is that the Finnish Tournament is quite close. I know that there are only 5-10 people attending both, but as we have the smaller event this might warrant us to re-think our timing as well.

An before anyone takes this out of context I am not complaining or saying SO in august is a negative thing. It is just what the circumstances are.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Unfortunate side effect is that the Finnish Tournament is quite close. I know that there are only 5-10 people attending both, but as we have the smaller event this might warrant us to re-think our timing as well.
Is the Sissukoni tournament still scheduled for Aug 20-22? Close but doable :) .

When do you publish the scenario list? As Michael and Bo always are so graceful to pick scenarios that I have already played :p (I had played 14 out of the 18 scenarios this year and have already scheduled to play 2 out of the remaining 4), I for one have no problems getting prepared for Sissukoni 2021 :) .

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Yes, this is the sensible thing to do - too many variable for the date in June to be a Success.

An before anyone takes this out of context I am not complaining or saying SO in august is a negative thing. It is just what the circumstances are.

Apologies for ending up with a date so close to your tournament. That was not intentional. We felt postponement was the only real option - and this was the weekend that could work for us personally - and the venue. I hope things work out for both tournaments.

Bo & Michael

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Apologies for ending up with a date so close to your tournament. That was not intentional. We felt postponement was the only real option - and this was the weekend that could work for us personally - and the venue. I hope things work out for both tournaments.

Bo & Michael
No real need to apologize here. As i wrote above I fully understand why this is - the most important bit is that both tournaments will be held and preserve continuity.

I've already heard couple of players planning to do both so it might actually be a non issue after all.

Personally I cannot make it with this schedule, but I have not been in ASO since 2008 anyway so no-one will notice. Seems it is easier for me to get to Cleveland ASLOK than to Copenhagen. Lets see what 2022 brings.

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Is the Sissukoni tournament still scheduled for Aug 20-22? Close but doable :) .

When do you publish the scenario list? As Michael and Bo always are so graceful to pick scenarios that I have already played :p (I had played 14 out of the 18 scenarios this year and have already scheduled to play 2 out of the remaining 4), I for one have no problems getting prepared for Sissukoni 2021 :) .
Yes that is the plan. We have been waiting the dust settle a bit before making any announcements but so far it looks good. I'd guess the scenarios are made public in June timeframe but I am not the one responsible for that bit so this is just an estimate.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
No real need to apologize here. As i wrote above I fully understand why this is - the most important bit is that both tournaments will be held and preserve continuity.

I've already heard couple of players planning to do both so it might actually be a non issue after all.

Personally I cannot make it with this schedule, but I have not been in ASO since 2008 anyway so no-one will notice. Seems it is easier for me to get to Cleveland ASLOK than to Copenhagen. Lets see what 2022 brings.
Hope you can at least make it to ASLOk. In '86 when doing the initial planning for holding an event one of the major issues was when to have it. We settled on October because for the most part people don't have a lot going on as far as vacations and the like go and the weather is still relatively decent for travelers. The fact that Fish had the Columbus Day holiday off was an added factor so Oktoberfest was held the weekend before Columbus Day.

Good luck and good health to all who attend a ftf event this year. The Lord willing and the crick dont rise this will be the last year of dealing with the virus.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I will go if I get my jab, but, sadly, I think that will not happen. I have no faith in our health system leaders...

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Great. Tomorrow I get my first shot (moderna or Pfeifer) so I think I will be fully vacinated. I will attend the tournament!!!

Edit: I‘m going to get my vaccine at “Avda de Dinamarca s/n” ... Denmark avenue... The dice goods are with me!!!

Last edited:

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
Good to hear Juan! Hoping to meet you again soon!
We have been planning with my GF to arrive a couple of days earlier, do some sightseeing and hiking perhaps, and then she would let me do my gaming business and fly back home.

Crustav

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Might not get my vaccine until August. Being under 40 has its drawbacks. Marder-na or Peiper vaccine, I don't care. Hope to attend my first ASO.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Good to hear Juan! Hoping to meet you again soon!
We have been planning with my GF to arrive a couple of days earlier, do some sightseeing and hiking perhaps, and then she would let me do my gaming business and fly back home.
Great! We will meet again!

bergwall

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Will get my 1st shot 10/6 and the 2nd 6 weeks after that.
Will be good to go!
See you guys soon.
Stay healthy and roll low!!