ASL products for November?

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robert Wolkey Remember free FFE t-shirts said:
Rob,

I remember as an assistant editor of FFE many years ago, I had to quit for an overseas assignment to Turkey. I appreciated the work, the publication and the extraordinary products you provided, namely the Japanese AFV cards. I still use them.

Glad to know you are well and are a key defender of the faith.

Congratulations on your recent tournament win.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
My point of view

Robert Wolkey said:
Dean Essig is producing the Gamers games, which is the reason they are coming out so fast. The same thing for Mike Rinella and his games. Brian and Perry lost the help of Steve Peterson, Russ Bunten and Curt which means they are now trying to do the work of 4 guys and still keep their day jobs. Under the circumstances they are doing a great job.
Years ago, MMP hired the ASL rights to Hasbro with the intention of keep the ASL flame alive.
Some years after, they bought The Gamers and the ASL community afraid this could cause a dispersion of effort in ASL products, but MMP guys said the cause was to use The Gamers as cash generator machine to ASL products.
I suppose the same with Shifting Sands and other games.

Now, they own the money but they don´t own the people to work in ASL products.

Why don´t they contract anyone to work and help in ASL products as Dean Essig do in Gamers products?

My point of view is MMP has lost the interest in ASL products, they don´t keep the flame ASL alive, they are a games producer as many others. So, they are interested in other AH games as Up Front, etc, but ASL is not the first object of interest because is a game with many problems, specially the need of republish old modules as ASLRB, BV , etc time and other time and ... :(

To reinforce this opinion, time ago I read that Curt was very interested in certain Gamers serie I don´t remember.

But, this is only my opinion.

Jesus

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Why don´t they contract anyone to work and help in ASL products as Dean Essig do in Gamers products?
It was announced on Consim recently that they are in negotiations with someone(or an agency)for that very purpose.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I have replied in another thread, we are in negotiations with someone to take over MMP's ASL layout and remove the bottleneck. In the meantime, we are working hard to finish AOO (evidence: the box is done).

I have taken over most promotional and advertising layout.

Thanks to those who support MMP and thanks for the constructive criticism offered here. :cheeky:

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rob Wolkey writes: "You don’t get it. I don’t expect you with your 6th grade education to get it, but let me try one more time. Hasbro and I’ll say it again Hasbro doesn’t want sub-licensing. You can’t keep on blaming MMP for that."

I suspect MMP is completely uninterested in sub-licensing ASL, regardless of whether Hasbro is for or against it.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is extremely difficult to put the toothpaste back into the tube once it has suffered a squeeze. Sub-licensing opens up pandora's box no matter who is for or against it.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
cujo8-1 said:
Robert Wolkey Remember free FFE t-shirts said:
Rob,

I remember as an assistant editor of FFE many years ago, I had to quit for an overseas assignment to Turkey. I appreciated the work, the publication and the extraordinary products you provided, namely the Japanese AFV cards. I still use them.

Glad to know you are well and are a key defender of the faith.

Congratulations on your recent tournament win.

Mike
Mike, I remember all your hard work and greatly appreciated the help. It was a sad day for FFE when you had to move away. Glad to see you back and still following THE game.

Now that my 3 boys are back in school it's time for Friday night wargaming again. It will be nice to get back on schedule for regular ASL and other wargames. Just wish I was playing AoO and Valor of the Guards. Oh well, I still haven't bought the latest Schwerpunkt or that French zine yet and the HoB Bocage pack has many more great looking scenarios to play.

da priest

Reaction score
Just to toss out a raw piece of meat:

A real copyright type lawyer(not just an old feeble trial atty like myself) posted this on ConSim:

"Registering your copyright with the Copyright Office within 90 days of publication or before the alleged infringement in question permits one to choose Statutory Damages as well as requesting attorney's fees if successful in proving infringement. Statutory Damages are usually much more than actual damages for small infringements and also saves the costs necessary to prove one's damages in court."

Chuckle, some dudes are going to be in debt until they die.... :smoke:

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I've just been hunting through some old threads from our old forum looking for something unrelated and I found this gem of a quote,by guess who?

I dont get me wrong, at one time I hated the fact that MMP had complete control of AsL, but now I could care less as the old saying goes, if you cant beat them, join them. I respect the fact that they are now the license holder for ASL, but who knows, I might change my mind on the dime. And rant about somthing in the future.
The future has arrived :laugh::laugh:.

paulkenny

Reaction score
Yes but a quote like that from Ron Mosher is not necessarily news! :D