ASL products for November?

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Longitudinal history. Before I dropped out of gaming in 1988, AH was always behind in production. Be that the General or other games. Games and accessories did not come out on time. Look at the problems that HOB had getting BtB out. Publishing small market materials is tough business especially if the publisher strives for quality. In some ventures, the trade off between quality and productivity can be struck in a happy medium. In others, quality of product makes the productivity issues drag.

And no Scott, no one is apologizing for MMP. They merely report their observations and experience. While ASLers COWTRA in games, they should also concentrate on what business reality permits (COWBURP). :nuts: So order some more official and TPP products and put the capital in the hands of those you depend on to satisfy your insatiable appetite for all things ASL. With the lubrication of funds, all publishing becomes possible. :D

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The problem is, MMP has put out 2 half-baked journals in the last two years. I dont do not count the [EDITED] piece of crap called FKaC because MMP could have included the desert rules but did'nt, instead they [EDITED] the ASL community on that one. I wonder, will they do the same with the Japs? Jap Order of battle only and no jungle rules?

True Avalon Hill could be slow, BUT not this slow and MMP promised when they took over stewardship of ASL that ASL would take priority over anything else. Yet 7 years down the road and perhaps as few as 2000 ASL'ers are still active. Why? Broken promises, lies, ego, stubborness and spite have become trademarks for MMP. Credibility is key and MMP does not have it, look at their supporters, not one is a Louie Tokarz, Rob Banozic, Bob Macnammera, Kurt Martin, Rex Martin, Don Greenwood, Bob Bendis, Mike Mcgrath and so on. If I saw those guys supporting MMP, then I would have a change of hart. Kinda tell's ya something huh?

And the ASLSK is NOT ASL!

Partisan Scott

Larry writes;
Larry said:
Longitudinal history. Before I dropped out of gaming in 1988, AH was always behind in production. Be that the General or other games. Games and accessories did not come out on time. Look at the problems that HOB had getting BtB out. Publishing small market materials is tough business especially if the publisher strives for quality. In some ventures, the trade off between quality and productivity can be struck in a happy medium. In others, quality of product makes the productivity issues drag.

And no Scott, no one is apologizing for MMP. They merely report their observations and experience. While ASLers COWTRA in games, they should also concentrate on what business reality permits (COWBURP). :nuts: So order some more official and TPP products and put the capital in the hands of those you depend on to satisfy your insatiable appetite for all things ASL. With the lubrication of funds, all publishing becomes possible. :D

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
I wanted to reply to Scott's post. Take out the offending language if you want, but put it back...

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi Scott,

With Chas' concurrence, I removed your post for containing language contrary to the Club Rules and Conduct.

Regards,
Andrew

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Like it says, the post was deleted for containing foul language, which is againt WFHQ rules.

Scott is welcome to re-state his point without the language.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Look privates, you want this forum to be great, then leave well enough alone. Deleting posts with strong language is pathetic, we are all adults here. If the post is not put back, there will be hell to pay, is hell a swear word?

Scott

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
My staff did the right thing and that is exactly what they are empowered to do. I have made Scott's original post available again and edited out the offending remarks because people wanted to reply to it. In the future, such posts can be deleted.

Please everyone, there are members here that play ASL who are just teenagers and older members who simply don't want the language. This forum is available for everyone to post their opinion, and opinions will vary. Scott obviously feels very strongly about this issue and he is vocal on it.

Having said that . . . fair warning guys. This IS NOT a usegroup or some crappy chatroom where flame wars prevail. This is a civilized forum for serious wargamers. We are not big brother, but we will also not tolerate out-of-bounds behavior. Constructive criticism and hard hitting evaluation is one thing, you know what the other is.

da priest

Reaction score
Matt Romey said:
I wanted to reply to Scott's post. Take out the offending language if you want, but put it back...
Matt,

Don't know why you would bother, there are no contents there.

He lists Mac and Don(DonCon) as evidence of something, guys who left the ASL scene many years before MMP entered.

His "arguments" are dust in the wind. All he ever says is MMP bad and some other dudes would be better. Who?, I have asked, and he has no answer, but we know who he means, the totally untrusted publishers with no credibility in the ASL community, who have stated they publish wargames just for the money.

His personal vendetta against MMP(and especially Curt) is pathetic.

And implying our Listmeister, Don M., is a "private" or controlled by MMP in later posts is obscene.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Private Mosher,

I should have said, Private Reepicheap and Private Argent because they act like Privates, I did not mean to include MSG Don M. in my last post.

Oh ya, I sent my ASLOK packet out today, so those of you who feel froggy can tell me face to face at ASLOK on exactly how you feel.

Scott

DLYoung70

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I honestly wish I could go to ASLOK, just to find out who this Scott Holtz is, take him out back, and beat the living snot out of him. I can honestly say in 10+ years on the internet involved in various hobbies, no one has EVER made me as angry, frustrated, and downright sick the tone of his posts make me.

Dude... CHILL OUT!

We all understand that you are unhappy with how MMP has handled their stewardship of ASL. I am too. I wish they'd release more stuff, and on time, and stop doing some things the way they do things. But the fact is that they're the ones with the rights. Even more so, even if their actions haven't been at all exemplary, there is NO ONE out there with the ability to do better. They could offer today to hand over the Hasbro contract to anyone with the money to pay them back what they paid for it, and one of two things would happen... either no one would take them up on it (likely), or whoever did would do an even POORER job! MMP isn't doing too good, but they are doing better than anyone else is capable. It's a sad fact, but it's a fact. They are the best option, like it or not.

The flames and rants really have to stop. I'm begging you. In a hobby with such a small active community, one negative person can scare off a whole lot folks. It's honestly DEPRESSING to read what you post, and the vehemence with which you post it. Please just tone it down. This is supposed to be something we all enjoy. As much as MMP has obviously lessened your enjoyment of the hobby, you are doing far more damage to everyone in this forum or anywhere else you post. Please continue to wish for, and even demand, a better effort from MMP. We all wish things weren't the way they are. But just STOP with attacks on anyone and everyone.

I'm on your side when it comes to being disappointed in the job MMP is doing. But no matter how bad it is, I understand that they are the only ones with the ability to do anything at all, and something bad is better than nothing at all. But the way you post, and the feelings your posts elicit, are bad for the hobby. If I'm agreeing with you and your posts make me sick, imagine how it must be for those who don't?

Peace,
Darrell

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
SGT HOLST said:
Broken promises, lies, ego, stubborness and spite have become trademarks for MMP. Credibility is key and MMP does not have it
I believe one could appreciate MMP to publish more products, more quickly.
On the other side, most of the arguments explaining the delays are acceptable.
When Mr Holst bursts with so much bitterness, becoming personal against MMP, it simply shows who really has a problem... :rolleyes:
I am a moderator on the french ASL forum : nobody behaves that way on our side of the Pond - if it happened, it would be "hit the road and come back no more"...
This is a game, only a game.
Without MMP, ASL would be really dead!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Private Young, you really need to at ease your attitude, Perhaps the opposite is true IE that those who make excuses for MMP's incompetence might make some sick.
So what do we have after seven years of MMP running ASL? A splintered hobby IE those that play 1st edition, 2nd edition and ASL Starter Kits. A much more complicated game, several modules out of print. Ya, MMP is doing a real fine job.

Robin, wheres batman?

Scott

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
SGT HOLST said:
Robin, wheres batman?
That's an inventive one, ain't it?
Never thougt about it !:hail:

Batman? He's searching Sherwood (A 12.152) for my hood (Nottingham sheriff HIPed it!) and Friday is playing with my son, on Desert Island (G 13.15).
Tchirp! tchirp! :nuts:

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Kindergarten time?

Wow! What happened to the original question???
I didn't know that the ASL Forums move would also incorporate the degrading of some of our users back to kindergarten age - Don? Don!!! We need to rework the profiles, with the merger we made an error. We shouldn't use military ranks, but Kindergarten symbols....:nuts:

It's nice to have a flame war every now and then, but personal insults?
C'mon, back to serious gaming

Klaus, working on the RbF 2 cover :cheeky:

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States
:rolleyes: "SIGH" Does anyone remember the good old days with Tate Rogers? :whist:

Last edited: