ASL - Players.net CC Table

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Regarding the above - I have seen it used in VASL games on YouTube etc so I downloaded and printed it ( thanks guys, I'm assuming that's OK?).
Anyway, I was shocked to see that the attacker, when the odds are close eg. 6FP v 5FP is essentially penalised as this is still considered 1-1 odds - is this correct ?
I've played rules consistently wrong over the years, so it wouldn't surprise me if I've overlooked something here.
TIA

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
6 vs 5 would attack on the 1:1 column, and the return attack 5 vs 6 would attack on the 1:2 column.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
6 vs 5 would attack on the 1:1 column, and the return attack 5 vs 6 would attack on the 1:2 column.
I thought that CC ( unless there is an ambush) was simultaneous, and that there is an attacker and a defender depending on whos turn it is - I would have read that 6 to 5 as a 1-1 for both sides....

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It is normally simultaneous yes...the the odds/column for the ATTACKER and DEFENDER can differ....A11.11.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is normally simultaneous yes...the the odds/column for the ATTACKER and DEFENDER can differ....A11.11.
Right ,thanks for taking me back to the rule- I think maybe I have been playing it correctly, just got confused with the chart - in a simultaneous CC , both sides use the attacker table?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Right ,thanks for taking me back to the rule- I think maybe I have been playing it correctly, just got confused with the chart - in a simultaneous CC , both sides use the attacker table?
There is only one CC Table...

In https://asl-players.net/downloads/charts/cc.html I think the usage of ATTACKER and DEFENDER in the Matrix is somewhat confusing, as it doesn't seem to refer to the ASL definition of ATTACKER (who's Player Turn it is) and DEFENDER.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In CC all odds are rounded down to the lowest value on the table. It favors the units being attacked (not the ASL terms ATTACKER or DEFENDER). 11-2 is 4-1, 9-10 is 1-2, 19-10 is 1-1, 4-9 is 1-4, and so on.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In CC all odds are rounded down to the lowest value on the table. It favors the units being attacked (not the ASL terms ATTACKER or DEFENDER). 11-2 is 4-1, 9-10 is 1-2, 19-10 is 1-1, 4-9 is 1-4, and so on.
Yep, thanks Scott. I've always done the calculations "in my head", but as I mentioned before, thought the chart would be a good quick reference; then got confused.

I'd never worked out the table was in favour of the defender, thanks.

Houtje

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I wouldn't say it favours anyone really, it's just that the rounding down of the odds makes CC a bit less bloody than it could have been with other rounding rules (e.g. when 3-4 would round to 1-1 etc.) - and it's bloody enough as it is, I feel, given the timescale of a player turn.