ASL Player Ratings

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
The new asl-ratings is awesome. good work.

Suggestions................
A Page about WHO you are, the GOALS, call to arms, etc.
List of scenarios and LINKS to aslscenarioarchive for scenario info. They have been working on soom good stuff there.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The new asl-ratings is awesome. good work.

Suggestions................
A Page about WHO you are, the GOALS, call to arms, etc.
List of scenarios and LINKS to aslscenarioarchive for scenario info. They have been working on soom good stuff there.
Thanks.

Top of the page, click on the Links dropdown, ASL Scenario Archive is right there.

We have been thinking about how best to work with ROAR, The Scenario Archive and other sites. Nothing set yet but we keep thinking.

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
ummm....each scenario would have a different link. Right now there is zero info about a particular Scenario.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, I understand that. Obviously, we haven't built that yet.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did a quick search via 'ctr f' and I'm not seeing certain players that I know ought to be in here. They were in AREA. I found my name via 'ctr f'. Are you still compiling data?
Just checked for Bitter Ender and it looks like you only have 2019, and that is limited. I have this data. If you could point me to the best way to get it to you I'll give it a shot. Real Life is tough right now though and my time is limited. If I need to populate a spreadsheet that might be challenging for 8 years of data.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just checked for Bitter Ender and it looks like you only have 2019, and that is limited. I have this data. If you could point me to the best way to get it to you I'll give it a shot. Real Life is tough right now though and my time is limited. If I need to populate a spreadsheet that might be challenging for 8 years of data.
For previous data, I will take it in whatever format you have. You can email it to me at dougerimmer@gmail.com. If all you have is paper, email me and we can discuss how best to get it to me.

For current data (2020+), I would encourage you to use the template available on the website site.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I did a quick search via 'ctr f' and I'm not seeing certain players that I know ought to be in here. They were in AREA. I found my name via 'ctr f'. Are you still compiling data?
I don't think ctr f will work as player names are not embedded into the website but are served up dynamically when the link is clicked. I certainly did not think about using ctr f when I built the site. I can't find my own name using ctr f and I know I am there!

Click on one of the Player lists and scroll.

And yes, we are adding new data. Just uploaded Street Fighting 2020 today.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ummm....each scenario would have a different link. Right now there is zero info about a particular Scenario.

View attachment 16099
Have been thinking about this a bit. At present our database (1) is missing quite a lot of scenario information on individual game results and (2) even where the information is present it is not consistent or complete. Sometimes we just have the ID number (ie AP47) or just the name. Or some form of the name. And there are unfortunately, scenarios with the same ID, which causes grief. I would like to do more about linking to scenario information but it is going to involve a good deal of time and effort.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Have been thinking about this a bit. At present our database (1) is missing quite a lot of scenario information on individual game results and (2) even where the information is present it is not consistent or complete. Sometimes we just have the ID number (ie AP47) or just the name. Or some form of the name. And there are unfortunately, scenarios with the same ID, which causes grief. I would like to do more about linking to scenario information but it is going to involve a good deal of time and effort.
Maybe if you somehow link up with the 'ASL Scenario Archive' website? It has a ton of specifics on each scenario. If you have an ID or the Scenario Name, the Archive is likely be able to provide all the rest for some 6000+ scenarios currently.

von Marwitz

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Maybe if you somehow link up with the 'ASL Scenario Archive' website? It has a ton of specifics on each scenario. If you have an ID or the Scenario Name, the Archive is likely be able to provide all the rest for some 6000+ scenarios currently.

von Marwitz
Yes, but at present our data isn't complete or accurate enough to correctly link to the ASL Scenario Archive or ROAR. That is the issue.

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
Yes, but at present our data isn't complete or accurate enough to correctly link to the ASL Scenario Archive or ROAR. That is the issue.
Crowd-source it? Put up what you've got, make it easy for people to submit corrections (subject to review, if you want). Get other people to do the work, that's the trick... :)

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
New goal in life - get onto 1, 2 or 3 of these lists through frequent tournament participation (forget the other 3 lists, they require skills 😋).

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I'm surprised how many people have had more unique opponents than I. At least I am in the top ten.