ASL Player Ratings

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Let me know if you see -something- that doesn't make sense to you.
Note,
November 2020 and November 2021, Location for "Supporting Fire" is in error it states "Internet, web"
The correct Location should be
"Borås, Sweden" as all the previous years (i.e., Face-to-Face, only).

Like the site alot and the work you and others have done, although, Bruno Nitrosso's Area site had a layout l liked better, cannot really explain why, it must be something about the simple overview of it all. Anyhow keep up the good work.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Doug, any consideration given to the impact of COVID on tournament attendance relative to the time decay?
Yes, one of the principle reasons we went with 3 years (1100 days to be precise). I think the ability of many tournaments to shift to an online format has helped keep decay at bay for current players.

We will continue to watch how 2022 evolves and can adjust further if need be.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yes, one of the principle reasons we went with 3 years (1100 days to be precise). I think the ability of many tournaments to shift to an online format has helped keep decay at bay for current players.

We will continue to watch how 2022 evolves and can adjust further if need be.
Thanks for all the work you guys do for the game.🤗

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Note,
November 2020 and November 2021, Location for "Supporting Fire" is in error it states "Internet, web"
The correct Location should be
"Borås, Sweden" as all the previous years (i.e., Face-to-Face, only).

Like the site alot and the work you and others have done, although, Bruno Nitrosso's Area site had a layout l liked better, cannot really explain why, it must be something about the simple overview of it all. Anyhow keep up the good work.
Last time I checked Bruno’s AREA site was still online. The layout has a certain vintage vibe.

Will fix the errors. Thanks!

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As indicated previously, I have now added a feature that allows you to see the progress of a player's rating over time/games. Here is what mine looks like:

To view yours or anyone else's, select a hyperlinked Playername or ID from any page. On the next screen click See Statistical Summary in the top right, then on the next page click See Player's Rating Progress from the top right.

Scrolling over the line will show the specific value of the nearest point.

This is pretty bare bones. Thoughts about how to jazz it up?

I started with 10 data points per player. Could be 5, could be 50, could be ??
Should the data points be time separated rather than number of games?
Useful or irrelevant to you?

Doug

FYi, in case you haven't tried it, see your results against any of the 2000+ players in the database:

Click on Tools & Support on the black menu bar on the home page. Enter two player names. Select Show Matchup Results. Remember that you must use the names as they appear on the site. So, Doug Rimmer not Douglas Rimmer, Dougie Rimmer, etc.

Here's a sample:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Last time I checked Bruno’s AREA site was still online. The layout has a certain vintage vibe.

Will fix the errors. Thanks!
Perhaps, but still better, at least on a phone, never compared the two sites on a computer (laptop).

Are going through your site the last months and found errors I have reported to others. Found another error, I would like to report: Johan Sahlin is listed as not active, but he should be, and if he is listed wrong...

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Perhaps, but still better, at least on a phone, never compared the two sites on a computer (laptop).

Are going through your site the last months and found errors I have reported to others. Found another error, I would like to report: Johan Sahlin is listed as not active, but he should be, and if he is listed wrong...
Glad you like Bruno's site, I do too.

Always happy to fix data errors.

Johan Sahlin's last game recorded in the database is in March 2019. That is well past the 800 day mark used to determine if a player is active or inactive. So no error there. But I appreciate the effort.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Glad you like Bruno's site, I do too.

Always happy to fix data errors.

Johan Sahlin's last game recorded in the database is in March 2019. That is well past the 800 day mark used to determine if a player is active or inactive. So no error there. But I appreciate the effort.
Ok, Inactive 800 days, decay 1100 days, thought both were 1100 days.

Will report in the tournament results from Secret FrF Tournament 2021 May (Johan S will soon be active again).

Why the report have not been submitted is due to the lack of FrF# for the 4 scenarios played at the event, since the other 4 scenarios have not yet been decided, that I hoped they would be by now.
Will submit them anyhow and make correction on the FrF### 3-digits to them later on

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
To be clear, the errors pointed out is the TD that I contacted, that made some typos in his report.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Reduction of Player points to a max of 15% is kinda extreme.

Taking into account the "average" rating of players is likely to be around the mid to high 1400's.
Loss of 15% over 3-4 yrs would plummet those players to the BOTTOM of the AREA list, thereby matching them up with the highest ranked players in many tournaments. Minimizing their chance to actually get back to their Glory Days of ASL.

Another reason to rank players in a 2 Tier system with Players of 16 and above.

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How does a TD go about reporting results from their event? I run the Atlanta tourney (Spreading Blaze) and have the results from our 2022 event available. Gary Bartlett

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Send the results to Doug Rimmer. I bet there is a link on the Ratings web page. If not, send an email to me.