Unless you get a Boeing 747-8, you will not get an aircraft big enough for your travel kit. As for Soviet junk, only 4 crashed in over 30 years, 1 into mountain, 1 in a botched landing go-around, 1 in a take off engine failure (improper mix of fuel for the cold weather at the time) and 1 due to structural failure during a high speed descent test. So 3 likely due to operator, 1 likely to aircraft.Antonov??!?!?!?!, I Could not possibly fly in Soviet junk
You should go to the ASL tournament(s) in Lille or Grenadier - both are close to you and you will get in 5-6 games in three days. Plus learn more ASL and get to know new people in the hobby !Happy New Year to all of you guys!
After playing 3 scenario's in 2015, 2 in 2016 and none in 2017 I would like to set a goal for myself of playing at least 25 scenario's in 2018.
The start is looking promising. I have 4 VASL scenario's going or ready to start and a FTF game planned for January
Let's all stay healthy and roll low in 2018!
Thanks for the tip Jacometti. I will definitely try to visit at least one tournament in 2018.You should go to the ASL tournament(s) in Lille or Grenadier - both are close to you and you will get in 5-6 games in three days. Plus learn more ASL and get to know new people in the hobby !
And hopefully make quicker progress through B&J, Pierce!Good Morning
Continue playing through the Journal scenarios (started this quest beginning with 1944 vs Brian Yee), continue my
trek through the Action Packs vs Jeff Buser, Schwerpunkt packs vs Don "Big Noodle" Holland, Tactiques vs Roy
Connely, having fun in VASLeague 2018 (maybe the die gods will shine on me this year), Continue my RB CG III vs
Lawrence Davies, hopefully get in some play testing with Chas Smith (BFP) and attending Spreading Blaze.
But more importantly, improve my play and have fun.
Cheers ya'll and Happy New Year
Seems like is was just yesterday that we were discussing what our goals were for 2017.
So, for me, here's what I'm shooting for:
Have a great 2018 everyone!!
- Attend two tournaments (March Madness and one other).
- Play 50 games, either FTF, live VASL w/Skype, PBEM, or solo trying to work through concepts I need to understand better.
- Play against at least 6 new opponents.
- Finish punching, clipping and sorting my counters in a way that works for me.
- Revise my ASL Scenario Spreadsheet to be easier to sort.
- Reread BOB.
- Proofread material for anyone who asks as a way of giving back to the community (I don't feel I'm a good enough player to be a playtester).
- Help out new players wherever possible.
- Have fun and have a smile on my face when the dice are against me (which is often).