ASL PARA DROP STOCKHOLM 2020

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Welcome to participate in a 2-Day-tournament and play three Para Drop scenarios.

Stockholm ASL Tournament 2020
29 February - 1st March
Saturday (play 2 Para Drop scenarios)- Sunday (play 1 Para Drop scenarios).

We will be at least 8 players in the tournament.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Very interesting indeed, we could probably all use 1.5 days of intensive Para Drop training (including myself :) ).

It is just unfortunate that you have scheduled this tournament to run at the same weekend as the 21st ASO tournament in Copenhagen! This will force many Swedes to have to choose between the two of them. Not good for the hobby, IMHO.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Very interesting indeed, we could probably all use 1.5 days of intensive Para Drop training (including myself :) ).

It is just unfortunate that you have scheduled this tournament to run at the same weekend as the 21st ASO tournament in Copenhagen! This will force many Swedes to have to choose between the two of them. Not good for the hobby, IMHO.
I doubt it would be many Swedes. that would participate in Copenhagen if this event would not take place. It is not good that battleschool dice with gulag wanker symbols have been allowed to be forced upon you.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
I doubt it would be many Swedes. that would participate in Copenhagen if this event would not take place.
Well, there are already 8 Swedish participants in Copenhagen, as well as 32 others from 9 other countries. But you are right, nobody from Stockholm or Linköping participates, which is sad (although I admire the discipline you have over your troops).

battleschool dice
This year I have attended 11 tournaments, with 8-10 tournaments the two previous years. I have yet to attend a single non-Swedish tournament where battleschool precision dice are forbidden, or even frowned upon. The sad but logical consequence of this is that I will never meet anybody from Stockholm at any future non-Swedish tournament, and certainly not in the US.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
In all the 4 different tournaments in Sweden the Battleschool dice are not forbidden as you claim them to be and neither are Battle school dice precision dice that you also claim them to be, not even the Battle school Canadian guy claims them to be such (read his web site), although both players must agree upon its use.

I am not even the one that object against their use the most (can always share), only been urged to ask that the rule about dice type is the same rule used in all Backgammon Tournaments around the world (unless both players agree on whatever).

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
In all the 4 different tournaments in Sweden the Battleschool dice are not forbidden as you claim them to be
I think we are splitting hairs here. If you read my sentence verbatim you will see that I do not say that battleschool dice are forbidden in Sweden. I said "I have yet to attend a single non-Swedish tournament where battleschool precision dice are forbidden, or even frowned upon. ".

As an example of the rules in Sweden we can take the Supporting Fire rules: "Only Precision Dice with dots (only) are allowed. One dice should be white, and one should be coloured (transparent or not doesn't matter). If both players agree you may use other dice." Thus, battleschool dice are not totally forbidden at this tournament, but one player can force another player not to use battleschool dice. I am not aware of this kind of "veto power" against battleschool dice at any tournament outside of Sweden (though I have not attended them all, and thus I can be proven wrong).

To elaborate on my previous statement: the only logical consequence of the Stockholm ASL community's boycott against ASO in Copenhagen, grounded in the lack of "veto power" over which dice can be used during a game, must be that no ASL player from Stockholm can attend any future ASL tournament outside of Sweden. Forever. Period.

That is sad. For you.

PS. I do not use Battleschool dice myself, but I have no problem with people using them.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Active tournament players in Linköping are only 1-2 players, and north of it all the way to Rättvik about 10-12 more.

If Copenhagen had been next door, I would participate. I will not, long-travel alone for increased cost and time investment.

ASL tournamnets will only be around for about 10 years more, before such events became few in numbers, in that regard we prefer to chose wisely.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I think we are splitting hairs here. If you read my sentence verbatim you will see that I do not say that battleschool dice are forbidden in Sweden. I said "I have yet to attend a single non-Swedish tournament where battleschool precision dice are forbidden, or even frowned upon. ".

As an example of the rules in Sweden we can take the Supporting Fire rules: "Only Precision Dice with dots (only) are allowed. One dice should be white, and one should be coloured (transparent or not doesn't matter). If both players agree you may use other dice." Thus, battleschool dice are not totally forbidden at this tournament, but one player can force another player not to use battleschool dice. I am not aware of this kind of "veto power" against battleschool dice at any tournament outside of Sweden (though I have not attended them all, and thus I can be proven wrong).

To elaborate on my previous statement: the only logical consequence of the Stockholm ASL community's boycott against ASO in Copenhagen, grounded in the lack of "veto power" over which dice can be used during a game, must be that no ASL player from Stockholm can attend any future ASL tournament outside of Sweden. Forever. Period.

That is sad. For you.

PS. I do not use Battleschool dice myself, but I have no problem with people using them.
I replied in the ASO thread instead, since it seems to be, what you really want to talk about.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
I replied in the ASO thread instead, since it seems to be, what you really want to talk about.
Well, no, I want to talk about the Stockholm ASL groups refusal to go to tournaments where they do not have veto-power over what dice can be used. As you so clearly stated in the final minutes of Supporting Fire, you would consider going to Copenhagen (and thus presumably any other non-Swedish tournament) "if they change the dice rules" (the other 25 odd participants be my witness). So this is not really about ASO, but about Stockholm.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Well, no, I want to talk about the Stockholm ASL groups refusal to go to tournaments where they do not have veto-power over what dice can be used. As you so clearly stated in the final minutes of Supporting Fire, you would consider going to Copenhagen (and thus presumably any other non-Swedish tournament) "if they change the dice rules" (the other 25 odd participants be my witness). So this is not really about ASO, but about Stockholm.
Do not be daft, of course we have no veto power, we asked they declined, it is that simple. We like Danish people.