ASL Overlay Bundle is now up for preorder!

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Advanced Squad Leader Overlay Bundle contains a re-printing of every overlay (on 34 cardstock sheets) issued by Avalon Hill or MMP except:

• Overlays from MMP's Red Factories
  • Deluxe overlays (available in MMP's Deluxe ASL)
  • Gavutu-Tanambogo overlays from Avalon Hill's ASL Annual 93b (re-released as a paper map in MMP's Rising Sun)
  • Overlay E1 (escarpment) from Avalon Hill's West of Alamein (re-released as board 25e in MMP's Hollow Legions 3rd Ed.)
Preorder now!

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
Very nice!

Minor typo on the artwork - I believe for hills it should be Hi1-12 (currently only shows through 10).

cschneider3

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Advanced Squad Leader Overlay Bundle contains a re-printing of every overlay (on 34 cardstock sheets) issued by Avalon Hill or MMP except:

• Overlays from MMP's Red Factories
  • Deluxe overlays (available in MMP's Deluxe ASL)
  • Gavutu-Tanambogo overlays from Avalon Hill's ASL Annual 93b (re-released as a paper map in MMP's Rising Sun)
  • Overlay E1 (escarpment) from Avalon Hill's West of Alamein (re-released as board 25e in MMP's Hollow Legions 3rd Ed.)
Preorder now!
Will board 25e ever be available for sale separately? I have the SK style desert boards from the first map bundle but would like to replace my ancient escarpment overlay from West of Alamein

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Once MMP is finished with filling HL pre-orders (should be), if there are extra board 25e's available , they should be available for purchase.
Contact MMP to be sure, though.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HL preorders are finished shipping. Once we finish building all the HL games, we will put the maps up for individual sale. No ETA on that at the moment.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My wife has one, and I cut most of my recent overlays using it. It still takes some time, but it's a miracle of technology!🤓

I remember seeing that video some time ago. Looks very cool. My question then, and now, is: Aren't Overlays supposed to be cut with about 1/16" extra outside the hexsides, so as to cover any Wall/Hedge hexsides that are being covered?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember seeing that video some time ago. Looks very cool. My question then, and now, is: Aren't Overlays supposed to be cut with about 1/16" extra outside the hexsides, so as to cover any Wall/Hedge hexsides that are being covered?
Not the ones from "River To The Reich" (Old GIAoV overlays).

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Depends on how well they're printed. This will cut right at the border of the white it's printed on, and the green terrain. You can also specify an offset one way or the other from where it scans. So in the video it's being cut to the furthest extent possible without including white. The overlay in the video is old (probably from the 80s), printing on them is not as good as new overlays.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK guys -- get ready with those overlays (whichever way you cut them)

I have been mostly eschewing thier use in my scenario designs over the past several years as I knew some of you didn't have all of them.

Now there is no excuse!
Don Petros just sent me some new 'East Front' prototype boards that have plenty of open space...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

I have been mostly eschewing thier use in my scenario designs over the past several years as I knew some of you didn't have all of them.

Now there is no excuse!
Don Petros just sent me some new 'East Front' prototype boards that have plenty of open space...
Overlays can ba a major PITA but I always thought it was a great idea. Now with VASL seems like much less of a pain.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Overlays can ba a major PITA but I always thought it was a great idea. Now with VASL seems like much less of a pain.
What overlays that I did have cut out were done by Actiondebbie. I sucked at coloring and scissors. I went outside of the lines. 🙄

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

Now there is no excuse!
Pete to what extent do current tastes influence your scenario designs? Do you feel that you have the ability to affect the consumer tastes or do you feel that you have to cater to the current tastes for scenarios? Or given the glut of scenarios do you think that what you design really has an impact?

Sorry, lots of tequila.

But since I am in a highjicking frame of mind do you consider the scenarios you design to be balanced and A 26.4 is used as intended or do you provide the balance provision for those who feel the scenario needs adjusted for whatever reason?