ASL / Minatures Tourney in Seattle! - "Enfilade!"

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Enfilade! 2009 is this Memorial Day Weekend, May 22 (Friday), 23 (Saturday), 24 (Sunday), 2009 at the Red Lion Hotel Olympia. This is a large (200+ attendees) tournament of Historical Miniatures gamers. There will be several game vendors there and I expect about thirty ASL players to show up and play.

I will setup starter kit / instructional games for any new players who are interested. Please contact me if you are anywhere near Seattle and might be coming! (SamBelcher "at" comcast.net)

Please note that our convention rates for hotel rooms has increased to $99.95 per room/per night. It's more than 20 per cent below the hotel's standard room rates, and the room rate includes the full buffet breakfast. The hotel (Red Lion in Olympia) can be contacted at (360) 943-4000 or 1-800-Red-Lion. Ask for the NHMGS/Enfilade room rate. Reserve now, you can always cancel if your plans change.

You don't need to register for the ASL event, just show up. But you do want to pre-register for Enfilade to save a few bucks. Pre-registration is now open until May 8, 2009. You can pre-register by using the PDF form or use the online form with PayPal.

To pre-register or get more information, see http://www.nhmgs.org/enfilade2009.html. If you have specific questions, contact the following:

SamBelcher "at" Comcast.net

Last edited:

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To anyone attending - do you prefer a tournament format of "open gaming", or do you prefer each round to have three scenarios pre-selected?

Enfilade has always been "open" gaming in the past, but I can see some advantages to having a pre-selected scenario list.

Which do you prefer?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just noticed that Larry Spangler (and I presume his better half Diana as well) will be hosting an ASL Starter Kit Event at Enfilade. They use a 5’ by 16’ table with miniatures and reproduce a starter kit map. Then they play ASL starter kit scenarios with miniatures.

This is a GREAT way to introduce miniatures players to ASL rules. Even if you have NO knowledge of ASL, you can come and play.

I’m also sure Larry would appreciate some help from experienced ASL players at these events. (Actually it looks as if he’s reserved a table for 4 hours each day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.)

Last edited:

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are some photos of Larry Spangler and some of his ASL Starter Kit setup with miniatures.

I know for a fact that we have at least a couple of new players in Seattle thanks to Larry and Diane Spangler running this event at the local miniatures historical gaming convention. (Enfilade - the same convention we use for our ASL tourney...)

Even if you've never played, you can walk up to Larry's table and play. Come on down!

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've freed up my weekend and will be there. Hopefully, with a couple more guys from Spokane. I emailed Dade Cariaga from Portland and he will be there too.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's great, Robert. I hope "Count Zero" can make it as well.

And, Will... Yes, we will have fun. And yes, we'll post some results. :cool: