ASL - Map Bundle 1

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Did anyone (ideally UK) get a second set of the first map bundle which they'd consider selling to me? I long missed the boat on the original purchase due to financial constraints and I think I left a folder with all my old (I had a laminated paper set) maps at a previous tournament.

A big ask I know and I don't hold out much hope. But worth asking the question I guess.

Thanks everyone.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Did anyone (ideally UK) get a second set of the first map bundle which they'd consider selling to me? I long missed the boat on the original purchase due to financial constraints and I think I left a folder with all my old (I had a laminated paper set) maps at a previous tournament.

A big ask I know and I don't hold out much hope. But worth asking the question I guess.

Thanks everyone.
Did you check with the TD at the tournament about your folder? We always kept a box for items left behind.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Did you check with the TD at the tournament about your folder? We always kept a box for items left behind.
I AM the Tournament Director

:):):)

I actually have a suspicion it might have ended up going on the local landfill with the last tip run. My wife denies it. But I think I see a glint of remorse in her eye.

Old maps. They weren't expensive. But, now trying to replace them, I'm finding them "priceless" of course.

All else fails I have PDF backups and will just have to get creative. But, I now have a bit o' cash and it'd be nice to get the proper gear.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I AM the Tournament Director

:):):)

I actually have a suspicion it might have ended up going on the local landfill with the last tip run. My wife denies it. But I think I see a glint of remorse in her eye.

Old maps. They weren't expensive. But, now trying to replace them, I'm finding them "priceless" of course.

All else fails I have PDF backups and will just have to get creative. But, I now have a bit o' cash and it'd be nice to get the proper gear.
Lol! I got nothing to say when the significant other is possibly involved!🙄

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You and me both Martin. I regret not buying that map pack.

Money, I liked playing on the old maps and not seeing this torrent of new maps which do not fit well with the old maps are my excuse...............

If you come across one, see if they have another please.:)

Not buying Nige's kit was a mistake - she had all the maps............including the Bounding Fire ones.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You and me both Martin. I regret not buying that map pack.

Money, I liked playing on the old maps and not seeing this torrent of new maps which do not fit well with the old maps are my excuse...............

If you come across one, see if they have another please.:)

Not buying Nige's kit was a mistake - she had all the maps............including the Bounding Fire ones.
The time to buy it is when you see it. Sound advice if you've got the cash

In Have Spacesuit Will Travel Kip's father says you should always budget for luxuries and buys Kip a top of the line sliderule. They ate soup for a week IIRC.

Lol the reference to a sliderule shows how long ago that was written.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was content on the old type mapboards, until they started weighing more than the combined counters.
Pre-ordered Map Bundle I in 2007, and never regretted it.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I was content on the old type mapboards, until they started weighing more than the combined counters.
Pre-ordered Map Bundle I in 2007, and never regretted it.
I agree. It is costly, but you are safe in case of one (or more) catastrophes.

The Oberst, for example, can never be entirely sure if his dog Hasso might be inclined to chew up some terrain (and any Russians set up on it)...

von Marwitz

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I think I have a laminated set of old paper maps 1-52 somewhere. These are cut in half along the Q hexrow before lamination to faciliate storage on A4 sized page protectors. Let me know if you are intersted.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Martin’s quest is fulfilled as is one other regards map bundle#1 I might also be able to scratch together a couple more bundles from my loose maps but not sure .

Last edited:

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Replied Joe
Ollie - filled the holes in my maps 1-51 just now thanks to Second Chance Games. As luck would have it this week they just put up a load of maps for sale.

Many thanks for offering to look through your collection but now no longer required.

For everyone else - get them before they go :)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ollie - filled the holes in my maps 1-51 just now thanks to Second Chance Games. As luck would have it this week they just put up a load of maps for sale.

Many thanks for offering to look through your collection but now no longer required.

For everyone else - get them before they go :)

No problem Joe glad you got them