ASL Mailing List. Resubscribed.. nothing yet??

Paul Saunders

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Gents,

I resubscribed to the digest vesion of the list and received confirmation on 29th May.

So far I have received nothing from the list :(

Anyone else having problems?

Cheers

Paul

Rorris

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't been able to resubscribe either.

I am just getting back into ASL and have been trying to get resubscribed to the list. I received one confirmation which I did but I have not started receiving any emails at all and that was 2 days ago.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought the digest was supposed to appear daily, but the frequency seems to be more like "once in a blue moon."

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
I thought the digest was supposed to appear daily, but the frequency seems to be more like "once in a blue moon."
I believe the digest was (in the old days at least) set to the number of kb of traffic. So during slow periods, digests could be few and far between, while during hot periods you could get two or three digests in a day. I do not know what list traffic is now (unsubscribed), but I would suggest that it will take awhile for a digest to be sent when traffic goes down to two or three emails a day.

pryoung

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
If the digest appeared daily, you'd receive as many separate e-mails as those of us subscribed in the non-digest manner.

Pete

Paul Saunders

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In the digest I received there were 93 e-mails.

dating from 27 th may until 4th June.

10 e-mails a day, roughly.

Traffic has dwindled, somewhat.

Cheers

Paul

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe Nate said that digests are not sent until there are 250kb worth of e-mails to collect.

So slow days will definitely affect this.

Keith

Rorris

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't ask for Digests

I wanted the emails as they came in and still haven't seen any. :(

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: I didn't ask for Digests

Rorris said:
I wanted the emails as they came in and still haven't seen any. :(
If you got the confirmation notice and confirmed that you did indeed want to receive these e-mails, then I suggest making sure the ASLML is not on your to be filtered list or in bulk mail.

Keith

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Folks,

I've been gone on business for a few days, so I apologize for the delay in dealing with the website (and ASLML) issues. My inbox is a bit full, but I'll get to every email in the next 24 hours.

As for the ASLML, it's working fine. I have probably 65 or so email, which is about right for two days worth of email.

If you're on the digest list only, then it can take a few days to get the emails. As Keith has said, the digest isn't sent daily: it's sent once 250kb of data is ready to go. This was done at the request of a member. If the digest folks aren't happy with this one, let me know, and I'll put it to a vote.

Also, if you're having problems, the Forums and the ASLML are a good place to go, but you should really start by email me directly, especially for technical problems.

Thanks,

Nat

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
If the digest folks aren't happy with this one, let me know, and I'll put it to a vote.

I'd like to get one daily digest. Now the digests are so few and far between that it is impossible to follow discussioon threads.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
One a day would be my preference too. Like asloser said, it's hard to follow and contribute to a discussion that took place several days ago.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Digests should be daily. There is no value to a very long and very dated digest.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Digests should be once a day or xxx MB - whichever comes first (my humble opinion). There should not be a multi day lapse between digests - ruins the concept. This is the norm on most of the mailing lists which I particapte in.

Peebs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL Mailing List

Where do you go to sign up for the ASML? The link off MMP is not working.

Thanks,

Michael