ASL Journal 13 now available

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I second the motion...I would LOVE an entire Action Pack devoted to Korea!!!

I remember that many people felt similar about the Japanese when they were introduced back in the day. It should be acknowledged that the periodic introduction of new theatres of war, new nationalities, and new terrain to the existing system are what has kept ASL vibrant and exciting for nearly 40 years.

Don't forget that you and the average ASL player are pretty bright individuals...stupid people can't play ASL...and we can wrap our heads around complicated rules like Caves, Landing Craft, Beaches, Seaborne Assaults, Hillocks, Night, Air Support, Gliders/Paratroops, and all of the other complexities of the ASL rules.

I believe in you, Scott. Keep working hard and practice and you will master the Korean War rules, just like you did with the PTO rules and the Desert rules and the rest of the ASLRB. The true beauty and joy of ASL is the sheer variety that it offers us...the Korean War rules just add to the variety.

Semper Fi!
Scott
Exactly.

If you can play the Japanese, the CPVA are not a stretch…

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I was shy about FW.
But the AP with several scenarios really helped me try Korea. Not all terrain rules were implemented at the same time; I found out that North Koreans were quite similar to Russians.
Communist China "amoeba-HW" movement is a pain, though.
I am not in love with Korea, but at least I swam a little in the pool.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just got my Journal 13. Wow. This is pretty meaty. I need to snag FW as soon as I catch up on APs and WO BPs.

I missed out on J11 and 12, so my most recent comparison is J10. The paper is much better than that production. I like the layout and design of the new magazine. Having been a print journalist, I appreciate such things. The two wider columns of text suits my eye better than three columns. The artwork on the front is great. All in all, very impressive product.

I didn't know Board 77 had become the next Board 52. I didn't know what I was missing. 🤣